Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Congratulations to last months competition winners and a big thanks to everyone who took part.

1st place with 9 votes was @Deleted Member 5003 with a beautiful water reflection of a stilt.
2nd place with 7 votes was @twamers68 with his cracking action shot of a brown pelican and dolphin going after the same fish.
3rd place with 6 votes was @WeeMalky with his stunning MX action shot.

We've not has a themed competition for a while, so since it's April I thought we could try a Spring Theme for this month. I know it may not be Spring for everyone but you are still welcome to submit archived shots.

Competition Dates
Entries start: The date that this post is published.
Entries end: April 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting starts: April 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting ends: April 27th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)

What Do I Get if I Win?
1st Place - The first place winner will receive a $50 (US Dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon (you can choose depending on your country and preference).
2nd Place - The second place winner will receive a $25 (US dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon.
3rd Place - The third place winner will receive a $20 (US dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon.

There are no alternative prize options or cash options, so if you are unable to accept a B&H or Amazon voucher I'm afraid you will miss out on the prize.

If your local currency is something other than US dollars then the above amounts will be converted based on the exchange rate at the time.

In the event of a draw the entry date will be extended but not past the last day of the month. If there are still equal votes for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place then the entry prizes will be split. I can't think of a better way of doing this for the time-being! If this happens I may also only be able to offer Amazon vouchers since $20 is the minimum for B&H.

How to Enter + Rules
  1. Simply post your entry below. It will be best to insert the image as full-size rather than a thumbnail.
  2. Only one photo entry per member
  3. Keep the photos clean and family friendly
  4. Sony cameras only
  5. Archived shots are allowed
  6. Don't use sky replacements
How to Vote (when voting opens)
  1. Use the vote button (up arrow) to the right of the post (below post on mobile) to vote up images that you like
  2. You can vote on as many images as you like apart from your own
Feedback
I'd really appreciate feedback about how the competition is running but please don't post it in this thread. Instead please post any feedback in this thread in the Feedback Forum.

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Tim

• Admin
Upvote 0
Great Crested Grebes
Great Crested Grebes.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 594.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 2000

Upvote 4
Rose seeking the Spring sun...

DSC03936 2.jpg
  • E 17-70mm F2.8 B070
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.5999999046326
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

Upvote 5
Practically all my photography is wildlife based so Spring in the UK means to me the return of the magnificent Osprey's
_A1_4534.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 2500

Upvote 4
Two wee spring Kids after their lunch
After Their Lunch.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 347.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 320

Upvote 1
While out taking some landscapes yesterday among the super bloom here in the Carrizo Plain National Monument we stumbled upon a red tailed watching us and the spring blossoms exploding over the hills and valleys. I will post some of those images in the landscape forum latter
carrizo hawk copy.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II (SEL70200GM2)
  • 176.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250

Upvote 2
Swallows zipping over the Bluebells is a sure sign Spring has arrived in the UK
_SCD9589-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 1250

Upvote 9
Spring in Texas for me is a road trip with friend we have nicknamed the Bluebonnet dash. We leave before sunrise and drive North till we find Bluebonnets with an interesting subject. This year we scored big we found a dazzle of Zebra with Brahman cattle. I was hoping for Donkey but Zebras were defiantly a great substitute. Happy Spring!!! Taken with Sony A74 and the new Sigma 60-600mm lens
71C2F393-2ABF-474C-B788-44702A2FE228_1_105_c.jpeg

Upvote 2
Congratulations to the winners of our April 2023 competition and a big thanks to everyone who took part.

1st place with 10 votes was @Sdawes with a beautiful swallow flying over bluebells
2nd place with 6 votes was @FowlersFreeTime with his rose catching the spring sunshine
3rd place with 5 votes was @Paul stuart with his gorgeous great crested grebe chicks

Well done folks!

I'll be in touch with you all soon to arrange the prizes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metadata must be embedded with image entries. Entries must of been taken in the current or previous two months. Sony cameras only.
Back