Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
=== Please Read Before Submitting Your Entry ===
  • Only submit images taken during the current and previous two months (Jan, Feb, Mar 2024).
  • Metadata must be included and embedded with the image.
======================

Congratulations to last months competition winners and a big thank you to everyone who took part.

In first place with 13 votes was @Bruce 761 with his cracking shot of a local resident walking post a church in Putre, Chile.
In second place with 11 votes was @RussWielt with his stunning pelican shot.
In third place with 10 votes was @Karen MM with her beautiful portrait.

Theme
For this month the theme is long exposure. If you need some help with ideas then I'd suggest taking a look on Flickr.

Competition Dates
Entries start: The date that this post is published.
Entries end: March 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting starts: March 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting ends: March 27th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)

Shot Taken Date
Only submit images taken during the current and previous two months (Jan, Feb & Mar 2024). The metadata including date must be included in the uploaded image.

What Do I Get if I Win?
1st Place - The first place winner will receive a $30 (US dollar) voucher for Amazon.
2nd Place - The second place winner will receive a $20 (US dollar) voucher for Amazon.
3rd Place - The joy of taking part.

There are no alternative prize or cash options, so if you are unable to accept an Amazon voucher I'm afraid you will miss out on the prize. If your local currency is something other than US dollars then the above amounts will be converted based on the exchange rate at the time. In the event of a draw the prizes will be split.

How to Enter + Rules
  1. Post your entries in this thread by scrolling down to the reply box then hitting the 'upload images' button, or just click here to reply. Insert image as full image not thumbnail.
  2. Sony cameras only.
  3. Camera metadata must be included in the images to verify.
  4. Only submit images taken in the current and previous two months (Jan, Feb & Mar 2024). The date must be included in the image metadata.
  5. Only one photo entry per member.
  6. Keep the photos clean and family friendly.
  7. Please don't use sky replacements or AI image generation.
  8. You are free to change you image during the entry period.
How to Vote (when voting opens)
  1. Use the vote button (up arrow) to the right of the post (below post on mobile) to vote up images that you like
  2. You can vote on as many images as you like apart from your own
Upcoming Themes for 2024
Our themes for the year have already been decided to give you a heads-up on what's coming next.
  • Apr: Animals
  • May: Patterns
  • Jun: Motion
  • Jul: Mechanized Machines
  • August: Reflections
  • Sep: Close Up
  • Oct: Food
  • Nov: After Dark
  • Dec: Festivities
Feedback
I'd really appreciate feedback about how the competition is running but please don't post it in this thread. Instead please post any feedback in this thread in the Feedback Forum.

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Tim

• Admin
Please note the rules folks, especially regarding the date change of submitted images.
  1. Sony cameras only.
  2. Camera metadata must be embedded with images to verify.
  3. Only submit images taken in the current and previous two months (Jan, Feb & Mar 2024). The date must be included in the image metadata.
  4. Only one photo entry per member.
  5. Keep the photos clean and family friendly.
  6. Please don't use sky replacements or AI image generation.
  7. You are free to change you image during the entry period.
Thank you! :)

Upvote 1
Ketetahi Stream in Tongariro National Park, New Zealand.

Ketetahi_-21-2-Enhanced-NR.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS
  • 41.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 80

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 8
Driftwood foam sunset, on Samoa Beach, Northern California.

DSC02594.jpg
  • ILCE-7M2
  • FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/2 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 2
Bridge leading to Cwm Idwal in Snowdonia National Park
_SCD1302-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1.3 sec
  • ISO 100

Upvote 7
March 3, 2024 SpaceX launch of the Crew-8 mission on a Falcon 9 rocket from pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center. Image captured from atop parking garage C at MCO. The booster entry burn prior to landing is the short streak upper right.
SpaceX 03-03-24 Full Res.jpg
  • ILCE-9M2
  • 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 451 sec
  • ISO 50

Upvote 10
Seabird in flight
2024-03-07_Sktbk_067.jpg
  • ILCE-6600
  • E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS
  • 151.0 mm
  • ƒ/29
  • 1/15 sec
  • ISO 100

Upvote 8
Single exposure of the Milky Way core over the Murray River near Mildura
7CR05039.jpg
  • Samyang AF 24mm F1.8
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.7999999523163
  • 10 sec
  • ISO 6400

Upvote 6
Finally figured out why it was not retaining meta data...was 'exporting' to .jpg instead of 'save as' .jpg.Thanks fore the help.
JT3.3 .jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • Sony E 16mm F1.4
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 20 sec
  • ISO 800

Upvote 16
_DSC0550Meta.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 45.0 mm
  • ƒ/29
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 100

Upvote 1
Outside my front door

20240308-A1_05357-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 25 sec
  • ISO 200

Upvote 3
Portmore Reservoir.

"An Evening Reflection"

After a full day out at this local reservoir it was dark by the time I reached this tree, I wondered how it would render with a long exposure , I thought it looked like the tree was leaning over to get a drink as the other two held on to each other to support it.

20240214-_DSC3012-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 78 sec
  • ISO 400

Upvote 2
Thanks to all who have entered this month. Entries are now closed and voting is enabled. Please use the up arrows to vote, these are highlighted in orange to the right of each image on larger displays or below on smaller displays. You are allowed to vote on as many images as you wish. Voting ends March 27th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT). Thanks!

Upvote 2
A huge thanks to everyone who took part this month. Numbers were down a little on last month but that was to be expected with the slightly more challenging theme.

In first place with 16 votes was @pc45 with his epic star trails shot.
In second place with 10 votes was @Rhinodad with his stunning SpaceX launch of the Crew-8 mission on a Falcon 9 rocket from pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center.
In joint third place with 8 votes was @Brian Scantlebury and his beautiful shot of the Ketetahi Stream in Tongariro National Park, New Zealand.
Also in joint third place with 8 votes was @dav1d with his beautiful seabird in flight.

I'll be in touch with the first and second place winners soon to arrange the vouchers.

If you are interested in how many votes each image received, then you can easily use the 'sort by votes' filter that you'll find directly above and to the right of the first entry.

Our theme for next month is animals and this competition will be starting April 1st.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metadata must be embedded with image entries. Entries must of been taken in the current or previous two months. Sony cameras only.
Back