Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
On the A1: If you save a custom mode under 1, 2, or 3 on the mode dial, does the custom mode retain the AF and burst settings, or do you have to change the dials every time? At this point it's not a deal killer for me either way, it's just become a quest to find out. I stopped by my local camera shop today, and they didn't even know.

We know the A9 will retain the settings, but no one has yet confirmed the A1. Seems like someone on this forum would've programmed settings and know the answer.

On the A1: If you save a custom mode under 1, 2, or 3 on the mode dial, does the custom mode retain the AF and burst settings, or do you have to change the dials every time? At this point it's not a deal killer for me either way, it's just become a quest to find out. I stopped by my local camera shop today, and they didn't even know.

We know the A9 will retain the settings, but no one has yet confirmed the A1. Seems like someone on this forum would've programmed settings and know the answer.
That because most who have the A1 probably dont know

That because most who have the A1 probably dont know
But for Pete's sake, all anyone has to do it turn the camera on and see if it shoots how they programmed in with the dials in a different position.

It absolutely should, it's essentially the same as the RIV custom menus, and you know that works. As I read it, and set it, it literally recalls every single parameter and overrides any setting on the camera at the time.

You never felt the need because you don’t have the need. I do. Thanks for the effort guys.

The frame rate dial and the AF dial control those no matter what the settings were when you created the custom settings. These dials are unnecessary and there use only slows things down. BTW you can put both the frame rate and AF mode in the FN menu but both will be unavailable to change.

The lens AF/MF will override the camera settings.

Oh if you have the frame rate set to H+ but the file type to RAW or Lossless RAW it will use a FPS of 20. To use the 30 FPS you need to be in H+ and use Compressed RAW.

The frame rate dial and the AF dial control those no matter what the settings were when you created the custom settings. These dials are unnecessary and there use only slows things down. BTW you can put both the frame rate and AF mode in the FN menu but both will be unavailable to change.

The lens AF/MF will override the camera settings.
So, to be clear:

The frame rate dial and the AF dial control those no matter what the settings were when you created the custom settings.

So, if I set Custom Mode 1 to, say, Hi frame rate/AF-C/tracking, or whatever, those settings:

A) will be recalled when I turn the dial to C1
B) will not be recalled when I turn the dial to C1

When you say:
These dials are unnecessary and there use only slows things down

Do you mean that they can be used if you want, but you can also set these in the menu and forger the dials?

So, to be clear:

So, if I set Custom Mode 1 to, say, Hi frame rate/AF-C/tracking, or whatever, those settings:

A) will be recalled when I turn the dial to C1
B) will not be recalled when I turn the dial to C1

When you say:

Do you mean that they can be used if you want, but you can also set these in the menu and forger the dials?
The FPS and AF mode will be whatever the dials for those are set at, every other setting you saved on the custom will change. So if your C1 had FPS = M and AF = AF-C with Manual mode and SS of 1/500 but you were in FPS = Delay timer and AF = AF-S before you switched to C1 your settings would be FPS = Delay timer and AF = AF-S with Manual mode and SS of 1/500.

They are unnecessary because the A6xxx and A7x lines do not have them and the electronic system for the A1 and A9 both have those controls in there but are blocked.

Ok, thanks. I learned that late last night. I can live with it, I suppose. However, that then brings up the question of Custom Hold presets. That one I need. If the Custom Hold button doesn't work like it does on the other cameras I'm off the A1. Do you know if the dial settings stored in case of Custom Hold?

Found this, so it looks like Custom Hold works as the other cameras.

custhold.JPG

If you set the Drive or AF for any of the 1/2/3 memory's they are not retained when you change the Drive or AF settings. I think this is probably because of how the Drive/AF dial works on the A1. But for Custom Hold they are definitely retained.

If you set the Drive or AF for any of the 1/2/3 memory's they are not retained when you change the Drive or AF settings. I think this is probably because of how the Drive/AF dial works on the A1. But for Custom Hold they are definitely retained.
Thanks!

Back