Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A few shots from yesterday afternoon at Winterton Dunes, Norfolk. Always a joy to see these fantastic owls. Big crops on most, as they don't fly very close, maily because there are a fair few dog walkers around.
DSC02967 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 400
DSC02971 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 1000
DSC02973 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 1000
DSC02974 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 2500
DSC02975 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 2500
DSC02976 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 2500
DSC02978 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1000
DSC02985 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 5000

Another nice set of images, Kev. Not yet had the opportunity of photographing these beauties but I live in hope.

Another nice set of images, Kev. Not yet had the opportunity of photographing these beauties but I live in hope.
Cheers David. Not that many places that they show up really.

Cheers Jeff

Cracking shots Kev! I've only ever seen them on Skomer Island, a place that I've not been to for a couple of years now.

Cracking shots Kev! I've only ever seen them on Skomer Island, a place that I've not been to for a couple of years now.
Cheers Tim. I would hazard a guess that your best bet would be the Cambridgeshire Fens.

That's a cracking set Kev great captures 👌👌👌👌👌

Cheers Malky

Great pictures!

So I went exploring yesterday at an area 45 minutes drive from where I live because I read there was a reasonable Owl population there. All of the land there is privately owned but I hoped I could find some locals who would give me some tips and possibly an invite for picture taking purposes. All things considred, it was a total fail. I found one man in his driveway and I pulled in, got out and greeted him. I stated what I was looking for and asked him if there were Owls in the area and he stood there and stared at me and remained silent. I re-phrased the question and at one point the Gentleman's lips quivered a bit but he did not speak. I bid him goodbye and left. My problem is, if this guy had an Owl farm, I wouldn't know how to go about getting any shots.

So I went exploring yesterday at an area 45 minutes drive from where I live because I read there was a reasonable Owl population there. All of the land there is privately owned but I hoped I could find some locals who would give me some tips and possibly an invite for picture taking purposes. All things considred, it was a total fail. I found one man in his driveway and I pulled in, got out and greeted him. I stated what I was looking for and asked him if there were Owls in the area and he stood there and stared at me and remained silent. I re-phrased the question and at one point the Gentleman's lips quivered a bit but he did not speak. I bid him goodbye and left. My problem is, if this guy had an Owl farm, I wouldn't know how to go about getting any shots.
Jeff, have a look at this, it may give you some insight on areas near to you.

Cheers Tim. I would hazard a guess that your best bet would be the Cambridgeshire Fens.
Thanks for the tip Kev! I probably should make the effort to travel a little more towards the East this year! :)

Thanks for the tip Kev! I probably should make the effort to travel a little more towards the East this year! :)
Yeah, when you aren't busy getting married, moving house and having babies :D

Jeff, have a look at this, it may give you some insight on areas near to you.

Thank you Kev. I have done a little research but have not seen this publication.

Yeah, when you aren't busy getting married, moving house and having babies :D
I know. This year is going to be busy again! :) Late March early April is our new possible completion date! I think I've aged an extra 10 years since we started the process of trying to buy a new place!

I know. This year is going to be busy again! :) Late March early April is our new possible completion date! I think I've aged an extra 10 years since we started the process of trying to buy a new place!
Feels like it's been going on that long!

Back