Followers
Following
Name
Geffrard Bourke
Country
United States
City/State
Kalispell, Montana
Some images taken in the past couple of weeks of hummers in our backyard. They love the flower baskets on the deck as well as the 6 feeders we have on the lawn. Such beautiful amazing little birds, hard, but fun to photograph.
_A1_226.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 500
_A1_2475jpg.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 800
_A1_2680.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 485.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 500
_A1_2501.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 529.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 800

Hi Geoff beautiful images....(y)

I assume at your relatively lower shutter settings you are using flash to catch the wings beats .......

Have you tried elevated shutter speeds on your A1 to freeze the wings or does noise become prohibitive at these smaller apertures........?

Great images !

Hi Geoff beautiful images....(y)

I assume at your relatively lower shutter settings you are using flash to catch the wings beats .......

Have you tried elevated shutter speeds on your A1 to freeze the wings or does noise become prohibitive at these smaller apertures........?
Thank you. No flash was used for these. I like the low shutter speeds to show the incredible speed of the wing movements. I have not tried elevated shutter speeds with them. To be honest, not a fan of freezing the wings on these guys.

Thank you. No flash was used for these. I like the low shutter speeds to show the incredible speed of the wing movements. I have not tried elevated shutter speeds with them. To be honest, not a fan of freezing the wings on these guys.
Thanks Geff....

Excellent

More than likely will never get a chance to get a real life shot of these so it is good to be able to see them here.
And really good clear shots as well which makes it even better to see them, well done.

More than likely will never get a chance to get a real life shot of these so it is good to be able to see them here.
And really good clear shots as well which makes it even better to see them, well done.
Thank you. They are lovely little birds. Certainly a challenge to shoot.

Back