Best Macro lens for the A7riv?

Dlpmikki

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
I am looking at Sony FE Series 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS Lens as a birthday treat - are there any other lenses I should be considering? I want the 1:1 macro but like that it can be good for portraits too.

I second the 90. I love this lens on my a7riii.

The day I bought my A7R IV the first lens on my list to buy was the 90mm f/2.8 macro.....and it has been my favorite lens ever since (although jostling for rank with the 100-400mm, which I also love, but for different reasons). From November 2019 through June 2020 it seemed as though that 90mm macro was glued to my camera, and of course during flower blooming season it was going out-and-about with me frequently. It is a stellar lens, absolutely well worth every penny! Buy it -- you will be happy you did.

The day I bought my A7R IV the first lens on my list to buy was the 90mm f/2.8 macro.....and it has been my favorite lens ever since (although jostling for rank with the 100-400mm, which I also love, but for different reasons). From November 2019 through June 2020 it seemed as though that 90mm macro was glued to my camera, and of course during flower blooming season it was going out-and-about with me frequently. It is a stellar lens, absolutely well worth every penny! Buy it -- you will be happy you did.
same situation here on my A7RIII! incredible lens!

What other options do we have for macro. I used to have a telezoom tamron on my NIkon d3100 which had macro option as well. I likes that.

With 90mm fixed focal length macro, what is the distance we need to be from subject?

I'm looking also to the new Sigma 105 which is less expensive and according some reviews very good except it has no stabilization and the switch from MF/AM is less good than the 90mm

I have had the 90mm Macro for several years now and it is still one of my favorite lenses.

Last edited:
Back