Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Mammals Bunny on Flickr Explore

RogerSmith

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Roger Smith
Country
United States
City/State
San Diego
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Got an image on Explore, never did that before. Fun to watch the views blow up.

Flickr can be fun. I had one on Explore once in my M-4/3 days, didn't garner as many hits but over 1500. It was a shot of Rosy the Riveter nose art on a B-25 Mitchell made through the opera window of a 1955 Ford Thunderbird.

How would one even know if they had a photo shown on Explore?

How would one even know if they had a photo shown on Explore?
Basically your views really shoot up, and Flickr drops in an acknowledgement in the comments.

Basically your views really shoot up, and Flickr drops in an acknowledgement in the comments.
Thank you. I had never noticed Explore until I read this thread. I viewed a couple of days worth of Explore. What I gleaned from that experience is that I have taken some photos of good quality, but could not remember any time I took a "Significant" photo. Hopefully, this will motivate me a bit.

Thank you. I had never noticed Explore until I read this thread. I viewed a couple of days worth of Explore. What I gleaned from that experience is that I have taken some photos of good quality, but could not remember any time I took a "Significant" photo. Hopefully, this will motivate me a bit.
It takes effort. If you look, Roger has his photo in 31 groups, and it is tagged. Those two items will get it in front of people so the views go up. Hopefully along with the views, people will mark it as a favorite. Flickr's algorithm sees the views and favorites and makes it part of Explore.

If you want to improve your odds, look at the 'trending' link under explore. That shows you the most common tags people use to get views.

I'll bet if you went and looked through your images you could add some common tags to increase views.

It takes effort. If you look, Roger has his photo in 31 groups, and it is tagged. Those two items will get it in front of people so the views go up. Hopefully along with the views, people will mark it as a favorite. Flickr's algorithm sees the views and favorites and makes it part of Explore.

If you want to improve your odds, look at the 'trending' link under explore. That shows you the most common tags people use to get views.

I'll bet if you went and looked through your images you could add some common tags to increase views.
I have only recently paid any attention to Stats or Tags, but I am rectifying that. Since I started paying attention, my views have increased markedly.

I have only recently paid any attention to Stats or Tags, but I am rectifying that. Since I started paying attention, my views have increased markedly.
Join some groups. A popular group is a sure-fire way to attract views.

You can get some good tag ideas by clicking on the images in Explore and seeing what tags they're applying. Some people will add 10 or 15!

Join some groups. A popular group is a sure-fire way to attract views.

You can get some good tag ideas by clicking on the images in Explore and seeing what tags they're applying. Some people will add 10 or 15!
I should have said so, but in addition to paying attention to Stats & Tags, I have joined a few groups, but frankly, I never considered the benefit of doing so. I'm slooooowly learning how to play the game.

I should have said so, but in addition to paying attention to Stats & Tags, I have joined a few groups, but frankly, I never considered the benefit of doing so. I'm slooooowly learning how to play the game.
It does take some effort. I have never paid too much attention to it on my regular (personal) account. On my Pro (Dragway) account, I tag everything. It's easy to tag an entire group of images if you do it during upload.

It can be fun to monitor views, but I tend to watch overall views (stats) more than individual shots. It tells me if a specific event album is getting attention. My best single-day view total was 55,872! I know that because I was shocked and wrote it down. Now I want to try and beat it!

New in Marketplace

Back