Camera or Lens

Tinopener

Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Hi all
Just a quick question when using a camera sling should it be attached to the camera or lens
My set up is A9ii with battery grip and Sony 200-600mm lens I have a strap that fixes into
the bottom of camera / battery grip where the tri-pod mounting bracket attaches but thinking
about it it seems a lot of weight on the camera ..... Thank you Gary ..

I think you should support the lens as the weight on the connection plates over time as I have been told will bend.
And the largest weight is the lens. So this is what I have been told.

Hi all
Just a quick question when using a camera sling should it be attached to the camera or lens
My set up is A9ii with battery grip and Sony 200-600mm lens I have a strap that fixes into
the bottom of camera / battery grip where the tri-pod mounting bracket attaches but thinking
about it it seems a lot of weight on the camera ..... Thank you Gary ..
Lens for sure you will maybe need an adaptor in the lens foot to reduce to the sling thread make sure everything is tight

The 200-600 has slots on each side of the tripod collar for a strap. I recommend you use them.

I shoot smaller lenses like the Tamron 50-400 using the bottom plate and one strap lug.

I've used the kind of strap you have before. Please make sure you have a safety tether.

The 200-600 has slots on each side of the tripod collar for a strap. I recommend you use them.

I shoot smaller lenses like the Tamron 50-400 using the bottom plate and one strap lug.

I've used the kind of strap you have before. Please make sure you have a safety tether.
The slots are a good idea but make use a bit difficult but yes I do use a tether in one of these slots and should have said in my reply

My set up on my A9ii without any grip and the 200-600mm: One side attached to the lens and the other side on the camera using Peak-Design anchors. Initially I had both anchors on the lens but camera moved/rotated too much while walking.

My set up on my A9ii without any grip and the 200-600mm: One side attached to the lens and the other side on the camera using Peak-Design anchors. Initially I had both anchors on the lens but camera moved/rotated too much while walking.
Yep I think this set up seems the best way .. thank you

I carried the Sigma 100-400 like that, one PD anchor on the tripod collar and one attached to the tripod socket.

Lens, centre point of balance, and less strain on the mount like that.

Back