Camera sling

Tinopener

Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Hi all
Just purchased a camera strap with the two quick release clips you know the one which you push in and slide up
Having it in my hand now it looks a bit flimsy .. Question will it be man enough to support A9ii and a 200-600mm lens ... Thank you Gary

Do you mean the Peak Design ones? If so, then yes.

I only use black rapid quick release or peak design, I have several of each never had issues with either I did use Joby for a while

IF you mean Peak Design, I use only Peak Design, and I trust my heaviest gear to it.

The PD ends are tested to 200lbs. each. Keep an eye, and if you see white cord through the black outer cover, it's time to replace.

Please post the manufacturer or an image. Your description could be any number of straps.

Last edited:
I have the old version of what they now call the Leash and also the Slide. The Leash is rated to hold the weight of the 600 plus body, battery grip and flash and the Slide even more. I prefer the Slide when using the 200-600 as the wider strap distributes the weight a little more. I used the Leash with the 200-600 for over 6 months and didn't ever feel it was an issue.

I have the old version of what they now call the Leash and also the Slide. The Leash is rated to hold the weight of the 600 plus body, battery grip and flash and the Slide even more. I prefer the Slide when using the 200-600 as the wider strap distributes the weight a little more. I used the Leash with the 200-600 for over 6 months and didn't ever feel it was an issue.
They have a nice in-betweener too called the 'Slide Lite'. I use one with the Tamron 50-400 all day long with no problems. It's bit more than the leash and a bit less than the Slide, a decent compromise in size. I think price-wise they're $50, $60, and $70 respectively.

Interesting to note that both the Slide and Slide Lite are shown on their website as 'limited' stock'. Either high demand or closeout for a new product? :unsure:

They have a nice in-betweener too called the 'Slide Lite'. I use one with the Tamron 50-400 all day long with no problems. It's bit more than the leash and a bit less than the Slide, a decent compromise in size. I think price-wise they're $50, $60, and $70 respectively.

Interesting to note that both the Slide and Slide Lite are shown on their website as 'limited' stock'. Either high demand or closeout for a new product? :unsure:
I also have the PD Slide Lite. Unlike the OP, I am carrying a smaller camera body and modest lens, and it is perfect for the job. Certain colors are more popular than others, I remember when I ordered the sage green one it was on backorder.
The larger "slide" has built in padding, which I always thought would be perfect for you full-frame folks with huge lenses.

Hi all
Thank you for all your replies and I think I will throw it in the bin.... No I will give it to a charity shop for £6 I was asking a lot
I've been on line and they do a leash for £43 which seems reasonable and good for 200lbs so my mind will be at ease.......Gary

Hi all
Thank you for all your replies and I think I will throw it in the bin.... No I will give it to a charity shop for £6 I was asking a lot
I've been on line and they do a leash for £43 which seems reasonable and good for 200lbs so my mind will be at ease.......Gary
It is seldom advantageous to go cheap on accessories, be they straps, bags, filters, or whatever.

The larger "slide" has built in padding, which I always thought would be perfect for you full-frame folks with huge lenses.
I don't know if the padding makes much of a difference but for $10 why not?

Hi all
Yep I think we have all seen or herd of straps giving up and the damage done to costly kit

It's Blackrapid for me, I have worn one out and just got a new one last year.

Back