Unframed Dave

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Dave
Having a rummage through an old bag. I wonder how long it would last in the A1. I might try it for giggles.

20240212_114750.jpg
  • SM-G981B
  • 5.4 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 200

Yup. Half as spacious.
20240212_080544.jpg
  • Galaxy S23 Ultra
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 372/10000 sec
  • ISO 1600

stick it in the a1 and I guess it will ask what the heck is that
Formatted the 256mb card and put it in the A7R4. It took about 45 seconds to setup the folder and the same time to format the card in camera. Think if I will use this combo I'll just shoot JPEG or be really certain of the photo I am going to take.
20240212_095636.jpg
  • Galaxy S23 Ultra
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/26 sec
  • ISO 1250

20240212_095655.jpg
  • Galaxy S23 Ultra
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/26 sec
  • ISO 1000

I remember the CF type ones with the spinning disks inside that you had to be real careful with. I think they had a mini micro drive inside

Formatted the 256mb card and put it in the A7R4. It took about 45 seconds to setup the folder and the same time to format the card in camera. Think if I will use this combo I'll just shoot JPEG or be really certain of the photo I am going to take.
View attachment 55507

View attachment 55509
My Brownie Special Jr. only got 8 images to a roll of film, so 9 ain’t too bad!

I remember the CF type ones with the spinning disks inside that you had to be real careful with. I think they had a mini micro drive inside
Yep, an absolute nightmare to keep safe.

But there's a certain image quality that one gets with those old cards. Modern stuff doesn't compare.

Do they work with Animal Eye Autofocus?

I noticed the other day the Smart Media card from my original Olympus digital camera, a whole 64mb. As I remember it, I had to pay nearly five times more for it than my latest 128gb SD card.

I think the smallest card I ever had was an 8MB CF card I got with a Canon Ixus compact - a 2Mpixel JPEG-only camera.

I don't think I could fit one RAW from any of my current cameras on that card. Heck, I'm not even sure it would hold a full-size JPEG!

The only CF card micro drive I have seen in person was an IBM. It was thicker that a common CF card. I think it held a gigabyte.

This thread has taken my mind on a hazy trip back to when I was gainfully employed.

We were using Sony mavica cameras to produce visual aids on the manufacturing lines.

3.5" floppies (fnarr, fnarr!) had a theoretical 1.44mb of storage.

I was sent down to town to buy one for our department. In my haste to get it back and play with it, I failed to notice an intact packing band postie had left lying on the pavement. Inevitably, it snared me.

I did a spectacular flying leap, smashed the camera to pieces and put a hole in the knee of my suit trousers.

I got an immense talking to by my boss (wanted to type "bollocking", but not sure whether Tim allows it), and absolutely no sympathy for the gash in my knee.

Our department had to go back to borrowing another's until the next quarter and I was quite unpopular.

To this day, I will cut any packing bands before disposing of them.

300mph Bullet Train might....
This got me curious to see what the write speed of the card is. Couldn't find any details, but testing shows about a 1.4mb per second speed so a RAW file from an A7Riv would take about 1.5 minutes to write. Research has found that the model number is now used for a micro sd card but you can still apparently get this card. Not sure if this gets you just 1 card or more than 2 as there is no definition of what they mean by "(Bulk)". Also they seem to have added (?) a branch to the Defense department but also left out a couple.
Screenshot 2024-02-13 101640.jpg

Back