Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Etienne Steenkamp
Country
South Africa
I posted this in Capture One Community Forum as well, but perhaps someone here can help me?

Using Capture One Express for Sony, importing Sony RAW files to edit and export as JPEG. Recently find that the colors in the main viewing pane do not correspond to the eventual output. In viewing pane, the colors initially look dull and the image is dark. If I edit these to be acceptable in the viewing pane and then export to JPEG, the resultant JPEG looks over bright and over saturated.

One suggestion was that it could be a screen setting issue, but I doubt that this is the issue since the small previews in the side bar seem to have correct colours and also, if I open the same RAW file in Affinity on the same screen, without any editing, the colours are correct.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Using Capture One Express for Sony, importing Sony RAW files to edit and export as JPEG. Recently find that the colors in the main viewing pane do not correspond to the eventual output....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Does CaptureOne tech support have a work ticket option for product tech questions? Although it may be worth posting here since several here use C1, but this sounds like a ques for C1 tech supp.

Question: Is the Free version of CapOneExp_Sony a 30-day trial version, or perpetual?

Does CaptureOne tech support have a work ticket option for product tech questions? Although it may be worth posting here since several here use C1, but this sounds like a ques for C1 tech supp.

Question: Is the Free version of CapOneExp_Sony a 30-day trial version, or perpetual?
Eventually got an answer:

"It's an old issue that seems they don't want to solve. On some photos the phenomenon is more evident.

Try to zoom in to 100% the preview and view if the differences are still present.

To view the problem without any doubts export uncompressed tiff 16bit prophoto RGB (no sharpening on output) and add the tiff to the same catalog/session. Then compare the two images that should be identical. But viewing to fit screen, they looks very different. Then zoom to 100% and you can see the miracle!

It's a preview rendering problem."

I was using the the Express version, which is a perpetual free license, but now downloaded the 30 day free trial of the Pro version, which at first glance seems to overcome this problem, but will give it a proper try-out before purchasing.

Back