Do we have any JPEG shooters?

I shot only Jpeg and one reason is that I fan;t find a program that I can understand on the conversion from the RAW to be read on my laptop.'Yes I am slow and I honestly mean this as some cost we over a right price and on other thing is I am not selling my photo's. But in this I am yet to look at 2 images and say this is RAW and it is Jpeg. So on this I just don't see the point in spending money to get a program that I can see no difference to a shot.
People make a big deal of what you out put in and I say especially with older eye just can;t see the need to swap over. I never started in this to sell my shots.
If you can see the difference and actually see it then I say to you well done. I don't, and so I will stay with the Jpeg for that reason of being unable to tell the difference between the 2 formats..
This is my view on this and one other thing is I have seen bad and good shot in both but couldn't tell you which..
So it is Jpeg for me.

It's not only jpeg for me, at least for the next couple of weeks, it's pics sent out by Whatsapp!

Yesterday someone asked me for a "high-resolution" copy of one pic. I sent the camera jpeg itself (and it's only 'Fine' not 'Extra-Fine.') but thought I'd edit the raw to compare. I could have taken further in my style, where I have darker backrounds, deeper shadows, but it soon looked much the same as the jpeg. So I added a little colour, and, really, it's hard to tell!

I don't want to forget what I've learnt about using darktable (it's free, @Aussie ) though: I must keep it up.

Do you use the "Creative Look" menu settings to bake in additional contrast, saturation, sharpening or other?
Sometimes when I am board waiting for the sky to do something for a sunset.

Back