Capture One

Muttleyflying

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
I use lighroom and photoshop.
I have used capture one as a sony free version for a long time and liked it but their discount codes drove me insane with one weekend 10% off then 30% then 40%
I wanted the full version because of the Tethering and finally bought it after they sent me a fantastic offer.
I have nothing to do with them by the way this is just to say that if you ever want to tether whilst shooting in the studio for instance then Capture one is the way to go,it works seamlessly and effortlessly.
Also Capture one is a fantastic RAW editor.
I'm still keeping Adobe

I use capture one for all my black and white work. It gives wonderful control.
Color work is usually dxo or adobe.
Gary

I use Capture One as well. It’s a pretty decent software. I don’t use Lightroom or Photoshop as I refuse to pay a subscription. I also use Luminar and Aurora as well. I also have the NIX collection. All depends on what look I am going for. Use Topaz AI Denoise for noisy files. It’s great

I changed from Lightroom to Capture One a year ago.
I prefer to have a full copy of the software instead of paying a suscription
Now I am happy with the powerfull capabilities of Capture One.

Another. Capture One Sony user here, full version. Used to use Lightroom, then switched to ON1 when Adobe went subscription but ON1 is too resource hungry and I lost lots of time when it hung on my iMac. Tried the free Sony version of C1 and loved it so much I bought the full Sony version and now C1 20 Sony.

I particularly like the skin tone tool (I do portraits professionally) , the sessions and the RAW rendering which in my view is second to none. Tethering is very reliable too for studio shoots.

I use Affintiy Photo for a,pixel editor but don’t have to make the round trip very often.

I’d recommend C1 Sony no problem at all!

I also dumped adobe for C1P and Affinity's apps... I have never looked back and am very happy...

Had a subscription for adobe, but now only use C1P for sony and Affinity with Nik Collection

I converted from Lightroom to CP1 about 4 year ago and am very happy using too for color and black and white. The rendering engine is hard to beat in my view. For anything I can't get done in CP1 I use Affinity Photo. Besides the better image quality I was tired of the monthly payments.

Back