Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United States
City/State
Northern Virginia Suburbs of Washington, DC
One of the things which I most like to do is to discover and explore details of ordinary everyday household objects and shoot them with my macro lenses or occasionally a close-focusing lens and often display them in a different way....

Today's project:

Touching (B&W).jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 1600

Something different and interesting hey. Keithy will be all over this I reckon! ✅

What is it? a glass container of some sort?

What is it? a glass container of some sort?
This is a whole thread them on different forums. Somone posts a macro or closeup of a common item, and then everyone guesses. The first correct guess puts up the next image. A lot of fun but requires participation.

Looks like a needle and thread, possibly shot through a lens ball?

This is a whole thread them on different forums. Somone posts a macro or closeup of a common item, and then everyone guesses. The first correct guess puts up the next image. A lot of fun but requires participation.

Looks like a needle and thread, possibly shot through a lens ball?
I like the idea; I just need to dust off the macro extension tube to participate.

Thanks, all! Actually, no, I wasn't intentionally starting some sort of game thread.... Now that you mention it, though, I have seen those on various other forums. That would be kind of fun here, wouldn't it? I was simply sharing an image and since I didn't find any suitable thread already available to do so, I started this one and since I had to give the thread a title, came up with this! LOL! I do have the tendency to shoot objects which are everyday, common ones in a way in which they appear anything but ordinary and everyday. I like to experiment and my 90mm macro lens is my most-used lens for that reason. I had noticed the other day that there don't seem to be many macro shots shared on here, and often they are flowers or insects, so I decided to post this image.

OK, in answer to what this is..... It's two clear lightbulbs out of four which were all positioned on a small magnifying mirror, shot under natural light. Initially I wanted to get something interesting with all four of them, but nothing was working out to my satisfaction so switched lenses and moved in closer....and closer. Converted to B&W after initial editing, using Nik Collection's Silver Efex software.

So, definitely, folks, grab that macro lens or that extension tube set or the closeup filter that has been lingering in a drawer and look around your house, find something which has potential and have fun shooting and sharing the results here!

If this is going to become a new thread then I am all for this one but I must get me another macro.
These shots here are of our Australian $5.00 note and when I had a macro lens.
I need to get another one.
DSC00053.JPG
  • SLT-A77V
  • ----
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100
DSC00059.JPG
  • SLT-A77V
  • ----
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

The day that I was buying my A7R IV, my first Sony FF ILC, I already knew that I was going to be purchasing at least one macro lens that day -- in fact, I wound up buying both the 50mm and the 90mm. That 90mm all but lived on the A7R IV and so far has spent a fair amount of time on the new camera, too. I can't be without a macro lens....

Back