Chromebook Help

russellsnr

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Russell Webb (snr)
Hi, have asked on another forum but no joy.
I have a Chromebook 4, purchased mainly for travel internet but I also want to view RAW images from the A7 IV, the book sees my card reader with SD card I also increased the storage with a micro SD but even if I place images there the Chromebook cannot read the RAW files. I tried Photoshop and Lightroom both free versions but nope will not work, I don't want to be doing any PP just want to view the RAW images on the card. Any help please? thankyou, Russ.

Chromebook uses a Linux Operating system so you will have to ensure whatever software you are using,
as your Image viewer, is compliant with Linux and accepts RAW files...... as you seem to have found photoshop and
lightroom whilst fully compliant with Mac systems, photoshop mobile does not run on Android systems and i guess the
same might probably the case for Linux systems.

I am looking for a new laptop to edit photos with Photoshop. The Chromebook intrigues me most. Don't want to hijack this thread, but better off than creating a new thread, what Chromebooks do you guys recommend?

I am looking for a new laptop to edit photos with Photoshop. The Chromebook intrigues me most. Don't want to hijack this thread, but better off than creating a new thread, what Chromebooks do you guys recommend?
In all honesty NONE!! I bought one but they just don't seem to have the power to run much not even a RAW file from a Sony A7 IV about 45 seconds to load one file. A laptop IMO would be a better option especially for Adobe products. Russ.

In all honesty NONE!! I bought one but they just don't seem to have the power to run much not even a RAW file from a Sony A7 IV about 45 seconds to load one file. A laptop IMO would be a better option especially for Adobe products. Russ.
Thanks for saving my life. I was going to buy one!

Back