Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Went to this area called Hobbs Patch in New South Wales which is just go over the Murray River bridge and you are in NSW.
The bird I got today is the Crimson Chat and as with most males, they are the stand outs.
Few Areas 21-10-2023 (859).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports 021
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 640

This next one is much plainer and is the female of them.
Few Areas 21-10-2023 (511).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 559.9 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 640

Lastly this is one of the young ones and I am unsure if this is a male or female as it will change to the male plumage it is a male.
Or stay close to what it is now if it turns out to be a female.
Few Areas 21-10-2023 (634).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 559.9 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 640

Went to this area called Hobbs Patch in New South Wales which is just go over the Murray River bridge and you are in NSW.
The bird I got today is the Crimson Chat and as with most males, they are the stand outs.
View attachment 49074
This next one is much plainer and is the female of them.
View attachment 49076
Lastly this is one of the young ones and I am unsure if this is a male or female as it will change to the male plumage it is a male.
Or stay close to what it is now if it turns out to be a female.
View attachment 49077
Wow the crimson chat is a stunner Ralph !!....beautiful shot. 🏆

Second shot is superb, very Japanese in its composition. Well done.

Beautiful Ralph!

Cracking bird and shots

Wow the crimson chat is a stunner Ralph !!....beautiful shot. 🏆
Ray thank you mate. In all honesty I am saying thank you to you all and I fully appreciate what is being said. These Crimson Chats come from the north to breed here and other area's as up north it is call the wet seasons. So they come to where it is hotter and less rain to breed.
Second shot is superb, very Japanese in its composition. Well done.
Alex I would never of picked that up ever, so thank you for you view point as I found it very interesting.
Thanks so much for that Dave as it is comment like this that keep me in particular going out and trying to better my last outing
Beautiful Ralph!
Tim very much appreciated and I do mean this. I just said to my wife comment like this give me a great boost in my confidence.
Cracking bird and shots
Kev thanks mate as these are visitor's here and they can go to the same area's around here but birds have wings so there is no way in knowing where they will settle down to raise their 2 clutches, appreciated very much.

Back