Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
If you upload an image to one of the forums and this includes EXIF data then the following EXIF fields will be displayed underneath your image:
  • Camera
  • Lens
  • Focal Length
  • Aperture
  • Shutter Speed
  • ISO
If you don't wish to display this then you can uncheck the box "Show image attachments EXIF data" in your account preferences.

This only works when you insert a full size image, it won't work with thumbnails I'm afraid.

Uploads to the Gallery work a little differently. If you upload an image to the Gallery that includes EXIF data then the following EXIF fields will be displayed in the image metadata box displayed in the lightbox.

Camera
Lens
Aperture
Focal length
Shutter Speed
ISO
Flash On/Off
File Name
Date Taken

Currently it's not possible to disable EXIF information displaying for images uploaded to the Gallery. So if you don't with to display this please strip the EXIF data from your images before uploading.

Last edited:
Hi @Timothy Mayo; I haven’t seen the option to include Exif data when uploading a photo; I suppose this is not disabled as recent photos published in the forums include Exif info. Also, I’ve checked my profile preferences and I haven’t either find any Exif option. Thank you

• Admin
Hi @Timothy Mayo; I haven’t seen the option to include Exif data when uploading a photo; I suppose this is not disabled as recent photos published in the forums include Exif info. Also, I’ve checked my profile preferences and I haven’t either find any Exif option. Thank you
Yes this is working again now. It will only work if the images contain the exif data when you upload them. If you have edited or resized them sometimes the exif will get stripped out.

You should be able to see the option for this under your account preferences: https://www.alphashooters.com/community/account/preferences

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 10.18.48.jpg

Back