Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Right now, US buyers can get a Sony A7R IIIa and A Tamron 28-200 for $2700. That's a heck of an entry into FF for under $3k, with what is one of the best sensors Sony ever made.

Want cheaper yet? Sony A7III and 28-70 kit lens for $1700.

Still not cheap enough? Sony A7II and 28-70 for $998.

It's surprising how long it is taking for people to come over to FF, given the original backlash against APSC cameras when they came out, in the film days! I guess everyone got used to the aspect and the crop factor.

It's surprising how long it is taking for people to come over to FF, given the original backlash against APSC cameras when they came out, in the film days! I guess everyone got used to the aspect and the crop factor.
Size has a lot to do with it.

Size has a lot to do with it.
Size of the camera bodies you mean? Interesting thought, but when I tested the A9 I found it too small, let alone the silly APSC rage :)

Size of the camera bodies you mean? Interesting thought, but when I tested the A9 I found it too small, let alone the silly APSC rage :)
The bodies are irrelevant these days, it's the lenses. It's the main thing that keeps M-4/3 alive.

It is not the size that matters it what you do with it, a9 I mean, stick a grip on it job done, mp are ok, but honestly not as big of a deal as people believe, in most cases better glass would be a better fix than a newer camera body for most ;)

The bodies are irrelevant these days, it's the lenses. It's the main thing that keeps M-4/3 alive.
It was the 90 macro that convinced me to switch out my APSC system for m-4/3. Ended up getting much more equipment that allows me to have a very useful system for everyday use and/or travel. Having a 2:1 AF macro lens that is about the size of the 90 G but much lighter is a dream come true for me. 🙂

It is not the size that matters it what you do with it, a9 I mean, stick a grip on it job done, mp are ok, but honestly not as big of a deal as people believe, in most cases better glass would be a better fix than a newer camera body for most ;)
I tried the little grip extension Sony make. It made it much nicer. It's the height/length of the grip that's my issue, not long enough to stop my little finger sliding under the camera.

I tried the little grip extension Sony make. It made it much nicer. It's the height/length of the grip that's my issue, not long enough to stop my little finger sliding under the camera.
Sorry Kev meant battery grip, anyway only having a giggle mate👋

Sorry Kev meant battery grip, anyway only having a giggle mate👋
I know that's what you meant. I hate battery grips as it goes, they make everything unbalanced. I didn't take any offence.
Have you ever seen the little extension thing? It's really neat but cost £90!

I know that's what you meant. I hate battery grips as it goes, they make everything unbalanced. I didn't take any offence.
Have you ever seen the little extension thing? It's really neat but cost £90!
yes I have, the battery grip helps with the 200-600 and heavy 300 2.8

Back