Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
Several people who predominately use EVF-shooting mentioned they weren’t familiar with using touch-screen functionality when using EVF on a7R iv. So I thought I’d publish the menu setting instructions for any of those wanting to try out this option. I have included the menu page numbers (in BLUE font) for ease of navigating the menu.

And I include a video to demo the procedure for EVF touch panel function; video best viewed in 1080 resolution :

EVF Touch Screen AF Video

Touch panel-1.JPG

Touch panel-2.JPG

Touch panel-3.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Garuda,

thank you for your post on focusing I did try all these but still I cannot get touch focus to work after connecting my phone to my camera. (Android via Imaging Edge) I first noticed it when I tried to focus on my phone's touch screen.
The focusing curser responded to touch and moved where touched on the screen but zero focusing.
I did try focus tracking and that seemed to work which makes it even stranger and has me stumped.
I did a reset of settings and even a full factory reset and nothing works.
Apart from this camera is fine and focuses via the focus button or back button focusing.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this and how I may resolve it?

Many thanks.

Hugh

Hi Garuda,

thank you for your post on focusing I did try all these but still I cannot get touch focus to work after connecting my phone to my camera. (Android via Imaging Edge) I first noticed it when I tried to focus on my phone's touch screen.
The focusing curser responded to touch and moved where touched on the screen but zero focusing.
I did try focus tracking and that seemed to work which makes it even stranger and has me stumped.
I did a reset of settings and even a full factory reset and nothing works.
Apart from this camera is fine and focuses via the focus button or back button focusing.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this and how I may resolve it?

Many thanks.

Hugh
I'm sorry to report that this post from Garuda is well over one year old and he has not been on the Forum for some time now. Good luck with your problem.

Back