snegron

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Sandy
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The main reason I purchased an A7c was because of its compact size. No complaints, however I'd like to know if anyone here has found a decent extended grip thar doesn't look like a 3rd grader's first attempt on a 3D printer.

I have an old Panasonic GX85 that had an optional extended grip. It was made by Panasonic, not a 3rd party manufacturer.

My reason for wanting an extended grip is because I would like to use larger/faster lenses on my A7c, and I feel it would balance better with an extended grip.

What about a cage grip?

61H6Qr6z3FL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

I like the look of that wooden handle, however I'm not a fan of the top bracket. It looks like it can be removed judging by the two screws that are visible, but you would have a raised edge that would probably be uncomfortable.

you can find several hand grips on AliExpress. I got one for around 60 bucks and it looks and feel really fine to me when I mount my 50/0.95

I have the full SmallRig cage which gives it a much bigger grip - it's great for me and my hands, though I mostly use the cage for protection if I'm honest.

Smallrig have some other options too, click around on their site (i'm a huge fan of the company, so quick and reactive with sensible prices.

I am using the SmallRig Camera Cage with the much bigger grip too. It is excellent and makes the handling of the A7C significantly better!

Back