DaveC Oz

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Dave
Took my new A7CR for a hike last night, all looked promising for a little while, then the clouds started building:(. Not totally convinced by the Samyang 24mm f1.8, but will play around a bit more with it. I did manage to get one three image stack from the night, then the clouds totally obscured the Milky Way
PI1.jpg
  • Samyang AF 24mm F1.8
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.7999999523163
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 6400

Took my new A7CR for a hike last night, all looked promising for a little while, then the clouds started building:(. Not totally convinced by the Samyang 24mm f1.8, but will play around a bit more with it. I did manage to get one three image stack from the night, then the clouds totally obscured the Milky WayView attachment 50372
Nice image, I think the clouds look good, adds to the mood of the image. Do you image the foreground and sky separately and in post processing bring the together? When you say its a three image stack, I assume that is three images stacked on top of each other - its not a panel? What software do you use for post-processing?

Took my new A7CR for a hike last night, all looked promising for a little while, then the clouds started building:(. Not totally convinced by the Samyang 24mm f1.8, but will play around a bit more with it. I did manage to get one three image stack from the night, then the clouds totally obscured the Milky WayView attachment 50372

I like it like that. The clouds add some imperfection to the picture that make it feel real.

Nice image, I think the clouds look good, adds to the mood of the image. Do you image the foreground and sky separately and in post processing bring the together? When you say its a three image stack, I assume that is three images stacked on top of each other - its not a panel? What software do you use for post-processing?
Thanks for the kind words, Ed and Alex. The image is three 10 second exposures taken in as quick succession as I could manage. I then stacked them in Sequator to produce an effectively 30 sec exposure, and adjusted contrast, and curve to taste in ON1. I only started putting some real time and effort into my night photography in the past 12-18 months. This was my first attempt using Sequator, as well as the first outing with the new camera and lens. When I got home, I thought that the cloud had totally obscured the Milky Way, but once on the monitor I could see that I had a few shots with potential.

Back