Sony A7R IV Good camera bag for a7RM4.

johnhughes4816

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
John Hughes
I have upgraded to the A7RM4 and have a couple of G Master lenses (24-70m and 16-35).

Can you suggest a good camera bag to accommodate the camera and 2 lenses without resorting to a back pack

Thank you

I carry a variety of ThinkTank Retrospective bags - I think the 10L would accommodate that combination, but you might fit it into the 5L.

I have the Retrospective 7 M. It came bundled with my camera from B&H I have a A7M3 and a variety of lenses. This bag works well for me to take my camera and two lenses. I could take three lenses if I cut back on carrying crap I don't need. It's a personal problem.

I've found bag choice to be more tied to use cases rather than camera model. What's your usual use scenario?

I have the Retrospective 7 M. It came bundled with my camera from B&H I have a A7M3 and a variety of lenses. This bag works well for me to take my camera and two lenses. I could take three lenses if I cut back on carrying crap I don't need. It's a personal problem.

You have nailed why I like to carry the Retrospective 5 - it doesn't hold too much!

I try to avoid carrying the 30 unless I'm carrying the 200-600 because I tend to tuck in a bunch of things that I "might need", including an umbrella (rain, not strobe!).

Jeff

thank you for the advice. Much apptreciated#

You have nailed why I like to carry the Retrospective 5 - it doesn't hold too much!

I try to avoid carrying the 30 unless I'm carrying the 200-600 because I tend to tuck in a bunch of things that I "might need", including an umbrella (rain, not strobe!).
Jeff,

thank you

I've found bag choice to be more tied to use cases rather than camera model. What's your usual use scenario?
I usually have the 24-70 fitted to the camera and want to carry the 16-35 for landscapes, both rural and urban. General purpose really.. Thank you

I just picked up a Wotancraft Trooper for my A7R iva. Holds my body with 24-105, my 14mm, 135, flash, filters, ipad, disk drive, and various cables, batteries, chargers, and tools. Highly waterproof, stylish, great strap, and lots of secure storage. Some nice optional add on modules to store cables, lens caps, etc.
9832758C-611A-455D-BF78-FD4A6FD4D354.jpeg
  • iPad (5th generation)
  • iPad (5th generation) back camera 3.3mm f/2.4
  • 3.3 mm
  • ƒ/2.4
  • 1/24 sec
  • ISO 200
Conforms well to your hip when carried. I also have a Think Tank Retrospective 7 and a Think Tank Urban Approach 15, both of which work well, one as a messenger style, and the other as a small discrete backpack. I have both listed for sale on eBay if anyone’s interested.

Last edited:
I use ThinkTank Retrospective bags, but I rarely carry more than two lenses at a time in one (OK, sometimes three).

When I'm carrying a bunch of lenses, a couple of bodies, and more, I turn to the ThinkTank Airport Advantage. I think I can carry 6 or 7 lenses, bodies, iPad, and a bunch of ancillary stuff in it. The big advantage of this one is that it has wheels! It's roll-aboard case fitted out inside for camera gear.

Back