Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United States
City/State
Iowa
While out in the Smokeys on vacation with the family we happened to see a mama bear & 2 cubs. I only had a 70-200 with me so I did what I could and then kept on moving. Didn't want to get between the mama & her cubs.
DSC06554.jpg DSC06560.jpg

I know I would be so thrilled to see a real one of these in its natural surroundings over them being in a zoo

I know I would be so thrilled to see a real one of these in its natural surroundings over them being in a zoo
It was awesome to see them in there natural element. Also quite the adrenaline rush as they are just wondering closer with every step. Didn't want to find out how close was too close, if you know what I mean.

It was awesome to see them in there natural element. Also quite the adrenaline rush as they are just wondering closer with every step. Didn't want to find out how close was too close, if you know what I mean.
I will say I am more than willing to do as you did on the day as I do watch tv and seen how these can mumma bear's can get with the little ones about.
But as for the adrenaline rush its might be like when we come across a Brown Snake in the bush, which can either be scary or a rush.

So sweet. That looks pretty close for 200mm! We were in the Smokies last month..it's truly beautiful. Where did you find the bears? We saw a few in Cade's Cove.

So sweet. That looks pretty close for 200mm! We were in the Smokies last month..it's truly beautiful. Where did you find the bears? We saw a few in Cade's Cove.
We were hiking back to the car from Laurel Falls when we saw the bears. 200mm works well with an R IV behind it 😉 We didn't make it out to Cade's Cove, but it sounds like we should have!

Back