Greetings from northern Michigan

kentbabb

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Kent
Hi, all. I just found this forum, and am looking forward to learning from everyone.

I've been an amateur photographer for over 30 years - loved my film camera, but was VERY slow getting into digital. About 6 years ago, I won a Fuji X-T10 in an online contest, and my passion took a dramatic turn. I used and abused the heck out of that Fuji, and then about 2 years ago I upgraded to a Sony a7IV, and I am in heaven.

Landscapes are my thing. I love nature and being outdoors, and it doesn't hurt that I can see Lake Michigan from in front of my house. I will dabble in other areas of photography, but outdoors/nature is where I'm most excited. (I really can't get into taking photos of people, because I hate having my own picture taken!)

I have attached an example of what northern Michigan has to offer. (Sony a7IV, Sony FE 20mm F1.8 G, ISO 400, 4 sec.)
DSC02385-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 20mm F1.8 G
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 4 sec
  • ISO 400

So, this is me, and I'm looking forward to all I get learn from you.
Kent

Welcome!

Whereabouts Kent? Lake MI covers a pretty good stretch. I'm in Monroe County, just across the border from Washtenaw.

Looking at your image, are those the towers of the Mackinac Bridge I see above the horizon? If so I can reckon about where you're at.

Welcome aboard, nice to see someone else from Michigan.

Whereabouts Kent? Lake MI covers a pretty good stretch. I'm in Monroe County, just across the border from Washtenaw.

Looking at your image, are those the towers of the Mackinac Bridge I see above the horizon? If so I can reckon about where you're at.

Welcome aboard, nice to see someone else from Michigan.
Hey, Brownie,

I am up in Charlevoix. Yes, those look like the Mackinac Bridge towers, but they aren't. However, a LOT of my pics are taken around the Mighty Mac. Hello to another Michigander!

Hey, Brownie,

I am up in Charlevoix. Yes, those look like the Mackinac Bridge towers, but they aren't. However, a LOT of my pics are taken around the Mighty Mac. Hello to another Michigander!
Is the shot across Little Traverse Bay?

Is the shot across Little Traverse Bay?
Yes! There is a little roadside rest area just north of Charlevoix that faces north. It's one of my go-to spots for Aurora watching.

Back