Jackson

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Benjamin Jones
Country
Belgium
I‘ve owned a sony a73 for the last 3 years or so but just recently stumbled across this site. I an amateur/hobbist interested in photographing landscapes, city sites, a little Astro, and just recently trying to get into wildlife photography. My gear includes FE 24–105 mm F4 G, FE 14 mm F1.8 GM, FE 16-35 mm F2.8 GM, FE 200-600mm G along with a Pixel wireless shutter remote, MeFoto tripod, etc.

I’m originally from southern Indiana in the US but have lived in Belgium for the past 10 years or so. Before the pandemic, I was traveling quite frequently, mainly on city trips throughout Europe. But over the past year and a half, I‘ve curtailed my travels and my photography has taken a bit of a hit. I’m trying now to get back into it. I just purchased the FE 200-600 mm lens so am hoping to at least photograph some of the local wildlife and will hopefully start traveling more in the near future. I did manage to capture some nice shots of a family of white-tailed deer during my first outing with my new telephoto lens during a visit to southern Indiana (still have family there - my first visit since the pandemic started). I look forward to sharing them when I get a better internet connection.

Anyways, I‘m glad to join the community and hoping that my photography will be fruitful in the future.

- Ben

Welcome!

Hello Ben. Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome Ben and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. The 200-600 is a lovely lens and pairs nicely with the a7III. Your local wildlife will have nowhere to hide from you! :)

Hey where at in Southern Indiana did you live? Born and raised in Columbus, Indiana before I left for the military. Now I live in Madison, Indiana. Welcome!

Wow, that’s quite close. Born and raised in Jeffersonville, Indiana. I worked in Columbus at the Toyota plant 15 to 20 years ago. I was commuting from Jeffersonville to Columbus daily so I’m glad not to be doing that anymore.

Wow, that is super close. I work in Seymour, so I commute about 50 minutes... Yours would have been a he'll of a commute!

Back