Hello from Central Florida

frednelsen

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Fred Nelsen
Hi all, I'm Freddy and I live in Mt Dora Florida. I am a serious (sometimes not so serious) armature photographer who have been shooting since the 70's when I shot with a Nikon F3 and a Rolleiflex. I dabbled in the darkroom with B&W for many many hours and many years. I purchased my first digital camera (reluctantly) in the early 2000s and that camera was a Nikon 995. Then came my first digital camera without any lag, Canon 20d, I was in heaven, photoshop became my darkroom and no more chemicals and I had room in my home for a small studio where I shot portraits for fun. I do however miss that safelight sometimes, and the solitude of the do not enter developing in progress sign on my door. 2013 I moved to Sony and a NEX camera and then in 2015 I went for the A6000 and I traded all my Canon glass. The A600 has been a great camera and I took many shots that I am happy with and I still use it. Last year I picked up a used A7rii and I was hooked. Recently I purchased the A7riv that I can't say enough good things about. I have been investing in glass for the higher res cameras and really notice a huge difference in my quality and sharpness. Many of my purchase decisions came from information here and other places, that being said I am very happy to a part of this group.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome! I joined here as well for information. So far everyone is great and there is a wealth of knowledge!

Welcome and thanks for joining up and introducing yourself Freddy! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying all of those 61 megapixels that the a7R IV has to offer, I enjoy shooting wildlife so the cropping power is very beneficial. If you have any questions about the site please don't hesitate to ask.

Back