Jamie

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Jamie Sharpe
I thought id drop in and ask a HUGE question as my 1st post.

I have an A7iii which is great but I am buying a second body so the other half can shoot also while we are out an about.

I thought this would be a good time to upgrade and make the A7iii the 2nd body.

The A7Riv I was pretty much sold on as I would use the MP whilst cropping and as I do a wide range of stuff its seems well suited. The a9 would be great but its a little long in the tooth and with the only main reason to buy it would be for BIF (which I do) but I cant justify the cost for a similar camera to the A7iii with better focusing.

So the A7riv seems great and im sure the focusing is faster than my A7iii so all round it would be an upgrade however I dont think my A7iii is the best low light performer and I have heard the A7RIV is worse, could anybody clarify this issue for me please?

So the only other spanner in the works is that I can wait a couple of months if the potential A7iv is going to be a mix of A7RV and A9 which would probably be better suited to me. Do we have anymore information on the A7IV, specs and release and would it be worth waiting until after xmas before making my purchase?

Cheers

The focusing speed on the a7III and a7R IV is very similar although the a7R IV gets the new tracking modes. With the additional megapixels the a7R IV does suffer more in low light. I'd recommend using the DPReview Studio Tool to compare these cameras at difference ISO levels.

It's not really clear when the a7 IV will launch yet or what the specs will be. Probably a similar body to the a7S III with the flippy screen and new menu system. Hopefully they throw in a new sensor as well but nothing is confirmed yet. According to Sony Alpha Rumors the next camera launch will be the a9III early next year, so the a7 IV may come later.

If you are not in a rush then in might be best to wait and see what the new year brings.

Back