Following
Name
Javier Vicencio
Country
United States
City/State
Dallas, Texas
Javier Vicencio

Born in Mexico City, I spent my childhood in the big city. After high school, my family moved around the north part of the country while my father worked in the copper mines of the region. In 1994 we finally settled in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua.

Crossing the USA/Mexico border on a daily basis, I attended the UT El Paso (UTEP) and my photographic journey began in 1996 when I joined the staff at The Prospector (UTEP’s student newspaper) where I worked for 3 years.

In 1999 I started working part time for UTEP’s Communications Department as staff photographer. This position became full time in December 2000 after receiving my bachelor’s degree in Print Media.

In 2004 I became a freelance photographer, got married in 2006 and in 2008 my wife and I relocated to Dallas, Texas.

Between 2008 and 2014 I worked for several local photography companies covering sporting and social events.

In 2015, I started teaching Photojournalism and Commercial Photography at Grand Prairie High School, which is what I do full time these days. I really enjoy helping future photographers find and improve their talents.

In 2018 I became a contributor for Getty Images and in 2020 I became a contributor for Adobe Stock Photo.

After long stints with Nikon and Canon, in 2020 I started shooting Sony.

Wonderful story, keep it going!

Back