Sony A7C Hello from Grapevine, Texas & a ?

soozeliz

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Susan
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I’m trying to figure out the best memory cards to use with the Sony a7c. So many options. I shoot mostly photos with just an occasional video.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Susan. I've put together a memory card guide for the a7C that you might find helpful:

Basically if you shoot a lot of continuous bursts then it's best to go with a UHS-II card like the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-II (300/260).

If you don't shoot many continuous bursts then a UHS-I card like the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-I (170/90) will be perfectly fine.

There are benefits to the UHS-II cards when it comes to copying files over to your computer, as they will copy roughly twice as fast as the UHS-I cards if you are using a UHS-II card reader like the Sony MRW-S1.

Hope that helps!

Welcome Susan. I've put together a memory card guide for the a7C that you might find helpful:

Basically if you shoot a lot of continuous bursts then it's best to go with a UHS-II card like the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-II (300/260).

If you don't shoot many continuous bursts then a UHS-I card like the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-I (170/90) will be perfectly fine.

There are benefits to the UHS-II cards when it comes to copying files over to your computer, as they will copy roughly twice as fast as the UHS-I cards if you are using a UHS-II card reader like the Sony MRW-S1.

Hope that helps!
This is fantastic, thank you!!

Back