Following
Name
Denny Medley
Country
United States
City/State
Kansas City, MO
Hi all,

I have been a full-time freelance photographer here in the area for nearly 20 years, and have been a Nikon guy for that long as well. I have recently sold all my Nikon gear and switched to Sony - 2 a9II bodies, 16-35 f/2.9, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8 and a 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, as well as a Samyang 35 f/2.8
I have to say - I am LOVING the gear, and not looking back on my decision!
I photograph a ton of pro & college sports for USAToday, as well as commercial, event and some portrait work. No weddings, no babies and very little wildlife. But these cameras are incredible, and I'm enjoying the learning process of a new system, and how capable they are as well as how wicked sharp the glass is!
Hoping to pick up some tips and have some questions answered here on this site

Hi all,

I have been a full-time freelance photographer here in the area for nearly 20 years, and have been a Nikon guy for that long as well. I have recently sold all my Nikon gear and switched to Sony - 2 a9II bodies, 16-35 f/2.9, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8 and a 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, as well as a Samyang 35 f/2.8
I have to say - I am LOVING the gear, and not looking back on my decision!
I photograph a ton of pro & college sports for USAToday, as well as commercial, event and some portrait work. No weddings, no babies and very little wildlife. But these cameras are incredible, and I'm enjoying the learning process of a new system, and how capable they are as well as how wicked sharp the glass is!
Hoping to pick up some tips and have some questions answered here on this site
Dear RandomPhoto...Like you, I just switched from my Canon EOS 6D Mark II setup shooting indoor soccer for the Wichita Wings team for 42 years, to my new Sony A7R4 setup, while preparing to shoot Sporting KC outdoor soccer team in Kansas City, Kansas for the first time on 9-26-21. I'm celebrating my 80th birthday this month by driving from Wichita to Kansas City, Kansas to shoot with some of the best sports photographers in the world. If you know anyone who has taken pictures of Sporting KC at Children's Mercy Park Arena that would send attach one excellent action image file taken under the lights at night, I could check the metadata to see what the ideal shutter speed; aperature and ISO was to have a starting point next Sunday when I am at the game. Then I can look at my histograms at the game on 9-26-21 and make any needed adjustments in my ISO. (I probably will never get the opportunity to go back again and I want to do a good job the first time out.) Thank you so much if you choose to share your photographic knowledge. I look forward to seeing your work. Shooter41

Attachments

• BENJI GREAT ON DEFENSE TOO-Exposure.jpg
    BENJI GREAT ON DEFENSE TOO-Exposure.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 16
Back