Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Ricardo
Hello everyone, it's great to be here.

I started getting into photography going by going to New York Comic-Con every year and grabbing portraits of the cosplayers with my cell phone. The creativity these fans have is truly amazing. The costumes are amazing too. I would also do street photography here and there on my cellphone. I then realized that I was limited in what a cellphone can do and wanted more. I felt like I had hit a wall. So around this time last year, I got my first real camera. I have now traded up to a Sony a7III/rIII and the a5100.

I do mostly street photography now as there are no official events happening here in NYC due to the pandemic. But this gave me the opportunity to record some history by capturing images of protests and rallies around the city. And there is, of course, just regular street photography shots.

I find going out for photo walks to be very therapeutic and fulfilling. I'm glad I invested in some equipment but I'm still learning the ins and outs of photography. It's a journey I'm excited to be on and glad I took on.

Back