Hey Siri - what’s the worst that could happen on day 3 of a 15 day trip to Costa Rica? Looking for advice.

Astacus

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Robert Beynon
Aaghhh
For those who don’t know that was the 600mm f4!!

IMG_1828.jpeg
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro back triple camera 5.7mm f/1.5
  • 5.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/121 sec
  • ISO 100

IMG_1831.jpeg
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro back triple camera 5.7mm f/1.5
  • 5.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/121 sec
  • ISO 100

IMG_1834.jpeg
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro back triple camera 1.57mm f/1.8
  • 1.6 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/99 sec
  • ISO 160

Ouch, what a heartbreaker!!

That's awful, what happened ? hope its insured but appreciate it doesn't help at the moment..... Im guessing rental options are not great in Costa Rica

Well insured so ok long term. Short term.. rent or buy 200-600

Eeeeek. Absolutely gutting for you. Hope you can find a solution

That’s awful. I imagine it’s repairable, but it won’t be overnight :-( That would be a big disappointment, especially at the start of the trip.

Wow, it's horrible and sad just to look at it! Here's hoping you have a fabulous trip despite it. Costa Rica is on my bucket list so I'm looking forward to seeing your images! :)

Oh... My... God... :eek:

Expensive solution thanks to Jane and Alex our guide . Eight hours round trip to San Jose to get the.

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpeg
    IMG_1915.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 25
Well, back in the UK< waiting on the loss adjuster to come and see the lens. I shall also get the A1 checked over, although it seemed to survive the fall, I have only been using e-shutter, (I was afraid to even check m-shutter in case it was damaged). I'll update in the fullness of time. I'm hopeful of a less costly reapir, but am insured up to a full replacement.

Back