Hey Siri - what’s the worst that could happen on day 3 of a 15 day trip to Costa Rica? Looking for advice.

Astacus

Followers
Following
Name
Robert Beynon
Aaghhh
For those who don’t know that was the 600mm f4!!

IMG_1828.jpeg
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro back triple camera 5.7mm f/1.5
  • 5.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/121 sec
  • ISO 100

IMG_1831.jpeg
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro back triple camera 5.7mm f/1.5
  • 5.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/121 sec
  • ISO 100

IMG_1834.jpeg
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro back triple camera 1.57mm f/1.8
  • 1.6 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/99 sec
  • ISO 160

Ouch, what a heartbreaker!!

That's awful, what happened ? hope its insured but appreciate it doesn't help at the moment..... Im guessing rental options are not great in Costa Rica

Eeeeek. Absolutely gutting for you. Hope you can find a solution

That’s awful. I imagine it’s repairable, but it won’t be overnight :-( That would be a big disappointment, especially at the start of the trip.

Wow, it's horrible and sad just to look at it! Here's hoping you have a fabulous trip despite it. Costa Rica is on my bucket list so I'm looking forward to seeing your images! :)

Oh... My... God... :eek:

Expensive solution thanks to Jane and Alex our guide . Eight hours round trip to San Jose to get the.

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpeg
    IMG_1915.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 21
Well, back in the UK< waiting on the loss adjuster to come and see the lens. I shall also get the A1 checked over, although it seemed to survive the fall, I have only been using e-shutter, (I was afraid to even check m-shutter in case it was damaged). I'll update in the fullness of time. I'm hopeful of a less costly reapir, but am insured up to a full replacement.

Back