Thad
Country
India
City/State
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hello, I'm Thad!

Well, not really, but it is one of my regular internet identities, and I'm happy to answer to it

And Kitten isn't really Kitten (She's Priya. Catipriya in full) but it is what we have been calling her since she was one, about five years ago.

I mostly photograph Carnatic (South-Indian classical) music concerts in my home city.

It started with just wanting to get a decent picture of the concerts I attended, which I mostly could not do with a compact P&S or with my phone. My return to "real" cameras began with an a6000, two years later I went on to a6500, and just this month, after 4 years, I bought an a7iv.

DSC06521.jpg
  • ILCE-6500
  • SAMYANG AF 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 1600

I've recently branched out from processing JPGs with GIMP to taking RAW and using darktable. I don't have any of the fancy Windows stuff (although I can't say it doesn't tempt me) because I don't have Windows (which doesn't tempt me at all). I run a Linux Mint PC.

Welcome Thad! Nice to see you here.

Thad and I 'know' each other from a different forum. I invited him here.

Please don't judge him based on that...:whistle:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome on board.

Hey, hello and welcome to this site, Thad! You'll be among kindred spirits since we shoot with Sony gear...... Like Brownie, I "know" you from another forum and it's great to see you here now too!

Thanks to all!
I "know" you from another forum and it's great to see you here now too!
Yes indeed. And I'll still be around "over there."

Welcome aboard Thad and thanks again for joining up here! Thanks to @Brownie as well for recommending our little forum :)

Back