Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, CA
Today I went out to a Car Show with my A7M4, shot 58 images then went home early due to 104° heat and started to do my Post Processing.

In my A7M4, I have an 80GB Sony CF Express “Tough” card in Slot 1 and I have a 64GB SanDisk “Extreme PRO” SDXC card in Slot 2. I shoot RAW to Slot 1 and JPEG to Slot 2. I don’t use the JPEGs for anything but a preview of what I had shot in the session.

I downloaded the JPEGs from the #2 card using a slot in the front of my PC. I then placed the CF Express card from Slot 1 in a dedicated CF Express Type A card reader which I purchased just before I took possession of my A7M4 on Christmas Eve (2021). It has been serving me well. I plugged the card reader USB-C cable in the front of my PC. Nothing happened. There’s a tiny light on the card reader and it was lit, but other than that, no response from the card reader. I tried several different new, high quality (?) USB-C cables that I had purchased for another project. Nothing I tried worked. After I gave up all of my attempts do download my RAW images, I was able to copy all the images from my CF Express card to the camera Slot 2 using menu functions in the camera.

I called Sony support and the Tech had a few things that I didn’t try, but in the end, it was a failed attempt. I boxed up the camera and sent it in To Sony for Warranty repairs, in Connecticut! Since I’m in California, it could not take a longer, time killing route.

In a few weeks, my Wife and I are headed for a family gathering in Idaho. Naturally, I had planned a lot of photos. I still have my A7M3 , but this is a let down. Has anyone had troubles like this here with a card slot? Let me know and we can compare notes. What worries me is that my card reader stopped working as well. That part of the puzzle is a big mystery.

I just tripped over this thread that I started half a year ago. Once the problem was solved, I should have made this post, but I didn't. I'm so sorry to the responders for this. So NOW, Finally, this is the answer. The card slot was the problem. They replaced the card slot, which BTW was an integral part of the main board. A long and painful experience, but it's done and now.

Back