AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
Resolution 2560 x 1600
16"
$1,299

Last edited:
The top one, you will want the most storage you can, and 1tb is perfect. Around a quarter of the 500 will be taken up with software and OS alone. Yes the high screen resolution on no.2 would be nice, but isn't essential.

Performance-wise no idea.

Major differences are drive size and display. The 512G drive is going to fill up in a hurry, but it'd be worth it to get the quad display as opposed to the 1080p on the MSI. Based solely on the information you posted, #2 with a 2T or 4T external drive to keep images on.

Edit:

Kevin's opinion sucks. :whistle:

:LOL:

Screw you girl guide.
Yes, let's upgrade so it costs twice as much then. 4tb SSD, full 8k OLED monitor, dual geforce with dedicated 16gb ram, core i7 9th gen processor.

Screw you girl guide.
Yes, let's upgrade so it costs twice as much then. 4tb SSD, full 8k OLED monitor, dual geforce with dedicated 16gb ram, core i7 9th gen processor.
Now you're on it!

In order for it to be twice as much, his original cost would've had to be $60.

Not only does your opinion suck, but so does your math!

If it fits your budget go for i9 gen 12 with no less than 2 Tb internal storage.......

Forget traditional external hard drives I have suffered many failures from hard drives from the major manufacturers...
Suggest SSD extrrnal drives only..

Also seek thunderbolt connections over USB

If the above is way above budget, understand, but for a major pc purchase longevity is king......in my opinion

More seriously again, for a minute. You could probably get a higher spec machine built for less, rather than buy a ready made solution, one ideally suited to editing more than gaming

I have only owned Macs but in any laptop for photography I would suggest as much ram as they offer and the largest ssd internal you can get
That's the problem. Internal SSDs drive the price up exponentially. Further ahead to get a smaller internal drive with a good fast machine and external storage. SSD or regular disc is up to the user, but it's cheaper to add storage rather than try to get it all in the machine.

And honestly, if the images are important you should be putting them on two drives.

True and in fact I store very little long term on my internal drive, I copy everything to large normal spinning drives as well as a collection of smaller external ssds. I just find that having a large ssd in the unit does a few things, it is the first copy of the image from the cards, i also copy the cards to a smaller external ssd, everything is backed up. A large semi-empty fast drive in the unit also helps with speeding up PS with unrestricted scratch disk space

Dave I am not going to get in to this chat because it pretty much all been said. I mean this in the best possible way mate it would be good if you would reply to your threads after starting them, just to the members know they are not wasting their time (y)

Lol sorry for the no reply. I Decided on the MSI and upgrading the RAM.

Lol sorry for the no reply. I Decided on the MSI and upgrading the RAM.
That is fine its just this site only works if people get involved, yep we take a bit of getting used too, but most of us do not mind a few jokes, we have some however who have had that ability removed for what ever reason better known to them :)

we have some however who have had that ability removed for what ever reason better known to them :)
God was handing out Humor and they thought he said 'Tumor', so they said they didn't want any...

Yes Dave, as in history, and on the internet in general beware self appointed Oracles of Delphi and subservient minions...nothing
good comes from those who dress lack of judgement up in meaningless hilarity...

Yes Dave, as in history, and on the internet in general beware self appointed Oracles of Delphi and subservient minions...nothing
good comes from those who dress lack of judgement up in meaningless hilarity...
Ray just say what you mean?

Ray just say what you mean?
He can't, he has to check with a thesaurus to form his paragraphs.

Here's a hint Ray:

They're, Their, and There are not interchangeable. Just thought you should know since it seems to be a weak point in your refinement.

Example: They're eating their lunch over there.

Does that help?

We know you love a backpack Dave

I have just received this last year's laptop: ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Gaming Laptop 14" WQXGA 100% P3, 120Hz IPS Anti-glare Display, AMD Octa-Core Ryzen 9 6900HS Processor 48GB DDR5 RAM 4TB PCIE SSD Radeon RX6700S 8GB Graphic RGB Backlit USB-C HDMI Dolby Win11 White with an excellent discount since this year's version is now shipping. Extremely Happy that it also supports Windows Hello & my 4K P3 external 120Hz FreeSync 32" monitor without any issues at all. My photo editing is now amazingly fast.

IMG-20230812-133951-2.jpg

Back