Followers
Following
Name
Alex Pler
Country
Spain
City/State
Barcelona
Sometimes it's refreshing being a tourist in my own city. La Pedrera by the architect Antoni Gaudí is one of the most famous buildings in Barcelona and seemed like a good place to test my new 40mm f2.5 when I bought it a few weeks ago.

A7C04409.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 250

A7C04369.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 3200

A7C04521.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 640

A7C04325.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 500

Last edited:
That 40mm F2.5 is becoming famous, it must be something special

That 40mm F2.5 is becoming famous, it must be something special

It's currently my favourite lens after trying the kit lens 28-60mm and the infamous 50mm f1.8. Now the 40mm has stayed on the camera since day 1.

But because of its focal length is better suited if you like a rather natural look, closer to what the eye sees. It's more warm and intimate than spectacular I would say. I also like that it's sharp (but not too sharp), and the colours and image really have some character.

Last edited:
Well done mate! These look fantastic! 🤠

I have some new cityscape night shots for you with this lens too...

Impressive images Alex........ (y)

I have fond memories of shooting Sagrada Familia and relaxing night times on Las Rambles, as well as many other tourist
spots in Barcelona...I guess by now the major renovations have been completed at Sagrada Familia...

Impressive images Alex........ (y)

I have fond memories of shooting Sagrada Familia and relaxing night times on Las Rambles, as well as many other tourist
spots in Barcelona...I guess by now the major renovations have been completed at Sagrada Familia...

Thanks for the comments!

As for the Sagrada Familia, they weren't renovations but they are still building it (after more than a century). Construction is advancing visibly fast these days and they expect to finish it in about 3-4 years I think. At last!

Thanks for the comments!

As for the Sagrada Familia, they weren't renovations but they are still building it (after more than a century). Construction is advancing visibly fast these days and they expect to finish it in about 3-4 years I think. At last!
(y)

Back