Lens Firmware Updates

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Bryan Carroll

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Apparently I need to add firmware for my tamron lens. I've never done firmware updates for lenses, just for Sony updates. Is it easy to do and is straight forward, or are there things I should know?

Apparently I need to add firmware for my tamron lens. I've never done firmware updates for lenses, just for Sony updates. Is it easy to do and is straight forward, or are there things I should know?
Which lens? But yes it's basically the same as the Sony lens update. Just download the firmware, connect your camera via USB cable, make sure it's in mass storage mode then run the update. Full steps here for the 28-75: https://www.tamron-usa.com/support/a036_firmware_manual.html

I have the Tamron 70-180mm, but it is saying the firmware update doesn't work with the a6500. So I wonder if it is only available for full frame cameras?

Figured it out, I didn't realize I had to have the lens attached to the camera body during the update. Now it worked!
Glad you've got it sorted! What do you think of the 70-180? I have it but haven't had chance to use it a great deal yet.

Glad you've got it sorted! What do you think of the 70-180? I have it but haven't had chance to use it a great deal yet.
So far I really like it! It's my only lens with a longer focal length, and with the crop sensor then it gets even closer, so it has been really nice to capture some wildlife with it. It is also pretty sharp, especially since it is less than half the cost of the GM lens it was a great buy.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back