Followers
Following
Name
Lisa
Country
United States
City/State
St. Louis, Missouri
Took some more pictures with the Sony FE 85mm 1.8. Much better results today and I'm keeping the lens. I'll have to learn it's limitations and try to avoid those situations with it.

Cardinals Guard and Postman Butterfly
DSC08093.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 85mm F1.8
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 1000

Tiger Longwing Butterfly covered in pollen
DSC07886.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 85mm F1.8
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 640

Blue Morpho Butterfly
DSC07901.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 85mm F1.8
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1600

Underside of Common Morpho Butterfly
DSC07979.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 85mm F1.8
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2500

Last edited:
Nice pics. We don’t get many butterflies around where I live unfortunately.

Why don’t you download the free trial of DxO PureRaw & see if it will remove the fringing for you.

Beautiful shots Lisa!

Nice pics. We don’t get many butterflies around where I live unfortunately.

Why don’t you download the free trial of DxO PureRaw & see if it will remove the fringing for you.
I live near a Butterfly House and am a member of the Missouri Botanical Garden which they are part of, so I get in for free. I love going there in the Winter when I'm feeling in need of Spring. It's tropical inside and the butterflies are like jewels in the air flittering about.

I think I will try the DxO PureRaw and see what it can do. Thanks for mentioning it again and mentioning the free trial! :)

The only butterfly house I have ever been in was in Singapore many years ago.

I think DxO is certainly worth a look. I don't know what software you are using now but it's certainly the best for lens corrections that I have come across.

The only butterfly house I have ever been in was in Singapore many years ago.

I think DxO is certainly worth a look. I don't know what software you are using now but it's certainly the best for lens corrections that I have come across.
I highly recommend visiting a butterfly house if you have the chance again! 🐛🌹🦋

The only software I have and use for lens corrections are LRC. I can't wait to try it out! Thanks Again!

Back