Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Justin Childress
Country
United States
City/State
Carthage, NC
I received my iOptron Skyguider Pro several weeks ago and I have been itching to get out and try some deep space objects for the first time. I had several days of beautiful weather but I had one problem....I was waiting to get my 200-600mm lens back from Sony from repair 😡.

Finally my lens arrived and just so happen I had a short period of the evening when it was going to be clear. I loaded the stuff up and set out early to get everything set up as this was the first time I have ever balanced this heavy of a load and tried getting precise polar alignment.

I had everything set up by the time it really got dark. I had my camera locked on Orion and made sure my focus was set. I set my intervalometer for 1 min hoping I would get the image I have been waiting for. I wasn’t expecting to be able to get that long of an exposure without an auto guider but low and behold the shutter released and there it was...the beautiful Orion and Running Man Nebulas!!! I was so excited!

I didn’t get as many exposures as I hoped because clouds started moving in but I was so happy with what I got. After several edits and lots of YouTube videos, here is the results (pretty proud of my first image):

📸: Sony a6100 with Sony 200-600mm G @ 600mm
Settings:
25 light frames at f/6.3, iso 1600, 60”
20 dark frames at same settings

stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and edited in Photoshop.
7DCAF63D-3A5C-4A37-A586-9A460C269438.jpeg

Jeff A

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
Stunning, simply stunning! I should never see stuff like this!

Reactions: JC Photography

scotty38

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 22, 2020
Nice one and that's a great image. I've just fallen head first down the astro imaging hole and yeah been pretty much cloudy ever since.

Ivanturas

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 17, 2020
Name
Iván Fuentes Hagar
Wonderful! I've shot Orion as well... albeit with a shorter lens and no tracker... so results aren't even close.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.