Sony A1 New A1 firmware (1.3) - 10 bit 4:2:2 and smaller lossless compressed RAW

AlphaWorld

Veteran Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
I will be downloading the new firmware tonight. I skipped 1.2, but this looks like one that could be interesting - also has some eye AF changes, I believe.

oh, and they have resolved firmware updating on an M1 Mac! It’s s bit ugly, but they have managed it (you have to temporarily reduce security to load the driver needed for the update, but you can put it back afterwards) - that’s better than not being able to update with an M1 Mac.

1.3 installed easily, and I have seen no issues. I want to believe eye AF is improved, but honestly, I can’t tell. It was good already, and I cannot say that the new is gooder or worser.

Hsve not tried the smaller “RAW“ files, but the full size ones have not been broken (I saw at least one person asking about that).

Updated to the new firmware version but tbh I cant tell there is any real noticeable difference in eye af or general autofocus but to be fair it was pretty special beforehand so still all superb .

Back