View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

AlphaWorld

Veteran Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
I saw this lens was just announced.

No interest to me, but I suspect we’ll see a fair bit of discussion of it over the next few weeks or months.

Curious if you’d be interested in such a lens? It’s twice as long at the long end as the Tamron 28-200, but I don’t know how the apertures compare.

Would you be interested in it?

Good range for a hobbyist, general tog, I wouldn't want one, but can see it's value.

It doesn't appeal that much to me but I expect it will for some, a single lens for holiday time. It's still pretty large though, here's a pic from DPReview:

Nikon_Z_28-400mm_hands-on08.jpeg

The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 is probably next on my list for use with my A6700 on family holidays, probably paired with the 70-200 F4 GII for when I need a little more reach.

Oooo that's pretty ugly, and given the weight of the Z8, that'll be a chunk to hold.

Tamron's 50-400 is an amazing lens, I don't really need anything wider in a superzoom. The f/8 long end would put me off too.

I am far more interested to see if Sony announces that rumored 24-200/2.8-4.5.

I saw this lens was just announced.

No interest to me, but I suspect we’ll see a fair bit of discussion of it over the next few weeks or months.

Curious if you’d be interested in such a lens? It’s twice as long at the long end as the Tamron 28-200, but I don’t know how the apertures compare.

Would you be interested in it?

It doesn't appeal that much to me but I expect it will for some, a single lens for holiday time. It's still pretty large though, here's a pic from DPReview:

The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 is probably next on my list for use with my A6700 on family holidays, probably paired with the 70-200 F4 GII for when I need a little more reach.

For Sony APSC, Tamron makes an 18-300, which is kind of a similar superzoom type lens. Some love it, some say you would be better served by splitting that range into two lenses of higher individual quality. I think it would be too big to be my "all in one" lens. Judging from that picture, I think it will get similar response.

Oh and Tim, that Sigma 18-50 looks like it was tailor-made for the a6xxx family, really nice packaging and probably sharper than the Tamron 17-70 that I use as my jack of all trades lens.

Tamron's 50-400 is an amazing lens, I don't really need anything wider in a superzoom. The f/8 long end would put me off too.

I am far more interested to see if Sony announces that rumored 24-200/2.8-4.5.
Agree x2. If Sony had already updated that 24-200, I might not have made the recent trade I made.

useful lens but by 200mm it is f8 already pray for good light , most would prefer a starting point of 24mm and shave some of the f/l

Last edited:

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back