Ok so do any of us on here feel we learn anything from the open chat posts or from other peoples posts, shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy off topic sections, I just posted what happens many times to them.Nothing wrong about being a little blue here and there.
I do wonder though how many are turned off to discussions in specific topics that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. If wants more participation beyond the few that engage in that, bringing, religion, politics,insults, etc into say a discussion on what lens one should one buy for BIF photography, seems a bit counter productive for inviting more participation in the forum.

Lol, in Australia we call having a fight 'having a blue'.

I do agree with what you're saying there Bob. It would obviously stop people from wanting to participate in the discussion that a post begun with. But on the other hand I guess people can always quote a previous post to continue the chat. Let the idiots play (often me), and let the adults respect the formalities.

I know myself and the other chief suspects do make an effort to not have so many outbursts. It may not seem like it sometimes but we do try hard to keep it relatively peaceful. 🙂

I can get pretty busy sometimes and forget to go near a forum. Or when we go touring, I don't take a phone. I really prefer the 1990s feel of living without all that 'change'.

Besides, I cannot look at this site very fast as sometimes the images take a long time to show or fail to load at all.

Sure there is stuff to learn from others. Why not? I would offer more opinion, but for time constraints, and of course I may misconvey how I mean something and come across not as I intended. I never speak English, just typing, so I suppose I can forget the 'tone' with it. Or of course I will sometimes write too shorthand and forget to beef out my thoughts.

Anyways, if it is all too much, just put it down and go out and something right? Don't matter if it is cameras or vehicles, just step away...

I have thousands of images to sift thru from this month. May post some later...

Wow, well that escalated quickly, but that does not surprise me in the least, and anyone who doesn't spot the most devicive figure here is blinkered.
Saying that there is a pack of wolves is frankly ridiculous, and I will say that ever since there was a bit of a run in over the Mark Galer topic (and maybe before), which was purely a bit of a laugh, there have been fewer comments and reactions to anything I post, which is downright petty.
Nothing I post is done with malice either. I have probably bee one of the most active members here since day 1, along with others, like Tim (Brownie) and Gary (Spudhead) and all we have ever tried to do, as Tim said, was to try and get people more involved by creating topics for discussion (like this one) and posting photos, which, though I say it myself, are all good because we take care in what we post.

I apologise to anyone who ain't amused by this, but I can't waste this opportunity... 🫤

Not missing out on this much fun! 😄
Neither am i superman...flpflopping from camp fires to health fanatic.....you are an absolute joke..and make no lmistake you are not fooling me neither....

Seems your head is so far up where the sun doesn't shine you can't tell the diffrence between truth or reality.....
Wow, well that escalated quickly, but that does not surprise me in the least, and anyone who doesn't spot the most devicive figure here is blinkered.
Saying that there is a pack of wolves is frankly ridiculous, and I will say that ever since there was a bit of a run in over the Mark Galer topic (and maybe before), which was purely a bit of a laugh, there have been fewer comments and reactions to anything I post, which is downright petty.
Nothing I post is done with malice either. I have probably bee one of the most active members here since day 1, along with others, like Tim (Brownie) and Gary (Spudhead) and all we have ever tried to do, as Tim said, was to try and get people more involved by creating topics for discussion (like this one) and posting photos, which, though I say it myself, are all good because we take care in what we post.
Hi Kev,
Before casting aspersions do take the time to look at the origin of last nights exchanges.....it was not one way traffic from the start. My first post was in the spirit of the question which Gary asked and then the dogs of war followed.

I equally do not post with malicious intent and get along with all but a few on the forum who have persisted in trading in negative overtones since soon after my arrival on the Forum

As you have seen i will not lie down when confronted by such negativity and equally will continue to engage and post freely nomatter how disturbing that may be to a Select few.

I close my case on this matter.

Neither am i superman...flpflopping from camp fires to health fanatic.....you are an absolute joke..and make no lmistake you are not fooling me neither....

Seems your head is so far up where the sun doesn't shine you can't tell the diffrence between truth or reality.

The joke is on you Ray. You're a class act son... 😄

You know what? We both hold our own opinions very highly, but the biggest difference between us is that I know I'm not always right. You on the other hand are right even when you're wrong. Brainwashed by the system you are enslaved to with no awareness of your surroundings. One thing that makes me feel good about people like yourself is the joy I get of knowing that you wake up everyday and have to endure another day living as you, that's the best type of revenge I can think of. What a bloody sad existence. 👏

I enjoy off topic sections, I just posted what happens many times to them.Nothing wrong about being a little blue here and there.
I do wonder though how many are turned off to discussions in specific topics that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. If wants more participation beyond the few that engage in that, bringing, religion, politics,insults, etc into say a discussion on what lens one should one buy for BIF photography, seems a bit counter productive for inviting more participation in the forum.
But as in real-life, conversations evolve. (this one didn't evolve, it was plunged back into the stone age). Nonetheless, it's not uncommon for a long thread to delve into two or three different topics. And one can always say: "Back to the OP" or something of that nature. That's just part of a healthy conversation or debate as I see it.

That's one thing I commend Timothy for, he pretty much allows a bit of a blue. That's good. 🙂
I normally allow things to run for a little while as I hope at the end of the day we are all still adults who can hold polite conversations with one another and keep things on track. Sadly this thread is well off track now and will be locked to prevent further insults being thrown. If I was a new member here and read this thread I certainly would not be sticking around.

If you have issues with other members on here please send them a PM or make use of the block feature. It's that simple. If you believe members are being unpleasant to another member then please send me a PM or hit the report button.

In regards to answering Gary's question before the thread was quickly derailed. I expect like many here and in other forums I visit, some posts we learn from others we just skip over. Not every thread posted is going to be constructive and engaging. Some members may only have time to hit the like button, others may have time for a quick "great shot" comment, whereas others might have time for a more constructive reply.

I appreciate every member here who is posting and helping to create more engagement on the forum, no matter how small their contributions are. What I don't appreciate is squabbles amongst us, that's the quickest way to kill a forum and I'll be taking a more pro-active approach to these issues going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back