Pergear 260gb cf -a express bargain

Paul stuart

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Just picked up a 260gb pergear cf express type a card ,amazon are selling for £130 which is excellent value compared to sony ,lexar ones that i own ,in fact the sony 80gb tough cards i own cost about the same price ,both my lexar and sony tough 160gb cards where considerably more expensive ,fingers crossed no issues so far so good, quick times and perfomance is as good for long bursts on my A1 ,and you can corrupt any card even my sonys have given me issues .

Thanks for the heads up, found the same sale here, it says only two left. Almost sounds like a close out sale. Maybe they have a new version coming out.

I bought 2 a few weeks ago for my A7Rv. No issues so far. Excellent price!

260GB is a peculiar size.

CFeB cards are generally powers of two sizes, like 128GB, 256GB (like you'd see in SD cards).

CFeA cards from Sony have been multiples of 80GB - not explained, but possibly some level of over-provisioning (like 128GB of flash capacity limited to using 80GB to allow plenty of room for wear levelling). Some other brands have followed Sony'd lead on this (Lexar, for example). Or maybe it uses 5 banks of 16GB chips - there has been varied speculation on the reason for the odd size

But 260GB doesn't fit. Not even the multi-bank theory.

When I saw 260GB in the thread title. I wondered if it was a typo for 160GB, but you repeated the size in the text.

PERGEAR Professional 260GB CFexpress Type A Memory Card, Up to 880MB/s Read Speed & 900MB/s Write Speed for 4K 120P,8K 30P Recording​

$199.00

I bought mine for $189 a few weeks ago.

PERGEAR Professional 260GB CFexpress Type A Memory Card, Up to 880MB/s Read Speed & 900MB/s Write Speed for 4K 120P,8K 30P Recording​

$199.00

Interesting - I don't think I've ever seen a memory card where the read speed is lower than the write speed. I wonder if that's a typo? On most CFeA cards the write speed is about 100MB/s lower than read.

$199.00

how are yours going after a few months? Have you managed to fill one to see its full capacity?

Back