Pergear CFexpress Type A Memory Card

Mario

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mario
Greetings all,

I came across Pergear 1TB CFexpress Type A Memory Card, which in UK can be bought for £399 (1TB).
As comparison, Sony's Tough CFexpress Type A (160GB) retails at £350 so as you can imagine I am wondering if Pergear deal is too good to be true.

Has anybody used Pergear CFexpress Type A cards, if so please let me know if you would recommend.
I did some research, there are no reviews on Amazon and a few review videos I have seen left me unconvinced I should go for it so I decided to ask as it is a fair amount of money.

Best regards
-Mario

I've tested the 260GB version in the A1, A7RV and A7IV.

I think you have the A7IV don't you? So here's the article:

Basically they are one of the slowest CFexpress Type-A cards that I have tested but still much faster than UHS-II cards. So depending on how important speed is to you, they might be perfectly fine for your needs.

The 1TB card is supposed to be faster (700 MB/s write) than the 260GB cards (400 MB/s write) but I've not had the chance to test this in-camera yet.

A Sony Shooter (Alex Phan) recently posted a picture of the 1TB card with the label pealing away, so their build quality is still questionable and I guess only time will tell.

I plan to test the Angelbird AV Pro CFexpress 2.0 Type A (1TB) next which offers very good value for money vs the Sony cards if you need such a large capacity.

I've tested the 260GB version in the A1, A7RV and A7IV.

I think you have the A7IV don't you? So here's the article:

Basically they are one of the slowest CFexpress Type-A cards that I have tested but still much faster than UHS-II cards. So depending on how important speed is to you, they might be perfectly fine for your needs.

The 1TB card is supposed to be faster (700 MB/s write) than the 260GB cards (400 MB/s write) but I've not had the chance to test this in-camera yet.

A Sony Shooter (Alex Phan) recently posted a picture of the 1TB card with the label pealing away, so their build quality is still questionable and I guess only time will tell.

I plan to test the Angelbird AV Pro CFexpress 2.0 Type A (1TB) next which offers very good value for money vs the Sony cards if you need such a large capacity.
Well, not really... :)
I upgraded my Alpha IV to Alpha V recently, it did set me back a fair amount of money but I have no regrets whatsoever and I am incredibly happy with it.
I was in Holland Park in London over the weekend and writing to my current card (TRIDENITE 512GB) is just taking time so I started wondering if it is worth considering the card upgrade to CFexpress Type-A.
I am very new to digital photography so what I do is shoot with say f16 then reduce that to f12...all the way down to f2.8 then do it in reverse changing shutter speed trying to get the sharpest image possible.
After taking a few shots I am just standing there waiting for the camera to be done writing before I can take another image.
I don't think I am doing anything wrong, it just seems like my current card is not fast enough for what I am doing.

To be honest capacity is not that important as I download images to my laptop as soon as I get home, but write speed is especially in these early learning stages where I take a fair amount of shots in succession changing settings in the process.

Angelbird AV Pro CFexpress 2.0 Type A can be bought for £470 which is not that much more compared to what Pergear card costs.
I am in no hurry but an upgrade seems to be in the works so please let me know how you get on with Angelbird card, it will be much appreciated.

Best regards
-Mario

Back