Name
David Lewis
Country
United States
City/State
Delaware
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
All those that use CFExpress A cards there is a new one available from Angelbird in the 1TB size for $500 USD. Given the price of the 160gb cards being in the $300 range this seems like a nice price.

I have never used any of their cards but I have heard very good things about them and they usually are near the top in real world speed testing (at least for the SD cards).

It's a good step forward, but $500 for a card is still too much money.

The hope here is that it will drive the price of 160G cards down to something reasonable, like $100.

That's a step in the right direction for sure. ✅

I remember seeing this dill doing a review of the A7RV a while ago. Saying how it is still crazy slow and the buffer is only slightly improved if anything at all.

At the end he mentions that he hadn't had his hands on a CF Express card for the review so it could actually be that the camera is a bit quicker than his experience. Ya f@cking reckon mate!!?? There has to be a brick wall somewhere that is pleading for him to run into... 🤦

Step in the right direction but I do not want to shoot to 1tb sized cards 256gb max and even then prefer 128gb
Hi, Bob.
What's the deal with that - risk management vs. convenience?

Hi, Bob.
What's the deal with that - risk management vs. convenience?
risk management, that much stuff on one card, for me is to big risk, either from damage or loss. Many times I do not have time or forgot to make time to download my cards every time I shoot. At home I copy everything to multiple hard drives so i will always be sure the images are secure

risk management, that much stuff on one card, for me is to big risk, either from damage or loss. Many times I do not have time or forgot to make time to download my cards every time I shoot. At home I copy everything to multiple hard drives so i will always be sure the images are secure
Thank you.

Silly money. Does anyone really need such a big card? I can see the need if you shoot 4k video I guess, but for everyday shooting? I get 1200-1500 shots on a 64gb shooting RAW on the RiV, so big files. I've never filled a card

The biggest cards I have are 128gb most are 64gb and like you Kev Ive never filled a card. I download every night so the cards are clear for the next day.

I have filled three 160GB CFeA cards, and part-filled a fourth, shooting an A1 on Hi speed lossless compressed RAWs for four hours - came away with over half a terabyte of images. But that is not my normal shoot.

I have never filled a 160GB card with the A7RV, and I don’t expect to.

I suspect people shooting 8k video might be candidates for a 1TB card.

Silly money. Does anyone really need such a big card? I can see the need if you shoot 4k video I guess, but for everyday shooting? I get 1200-1500 shots on a 64gb shooting RAW on the RiV, so big files. I've never filled a card
I've had a number of days in which I've filled a 160gb with my A1. Days I go out to specifically shoot birds in flight I'll fill a card. There are also the birding trips I take in which we'll be out for up to 10-12 hours in a day before I can transfer the images to drives.

I've had a number of days in which I've filled a 160gb with my A1. Days I go out to specifically shoot birds in flight I'll fill a card. There are also the birding trips I take in which we'll be out for up to 10-12 hours in a day before I can transfer the images to drives.
I would guess it's very easy shooting at 30fps

quite often i have filled 160gb with the A1 although 1tb is pretty big i would like to see other sized cards available in line with angel bird pricing of the 1tb think i could shoot most events with a couple of 320gb cards

you do relize it is 75% cheaper per gb than sonys cf cards with a faster read and write ,my only concern would be reliability for such a large card.

Back