Sdawes

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Although two a penny and I dont often point the camera at them they really are stunning when you catch them in all their glory .
_SCD6627-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 840.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 10000

Nice shot Steve. They certainly are pretty birds when you catch them in good light.

Stunning. Some northern USA states have them (eg North and South Dakota), but not my state of Arizona. (Which is fine with me because they are non-native imports from Asia).

Great shot ..

Very nice. The males do have great colours.

The males can be stunning. We live on acerage and have 3 males that stay here year round. One of them is the size of a small turkey. The big one always ends up with the largest harem of hens during mating season. We leave some areas a bit overgrown as it makes great cover for the hens and their young. This pic has inspired me to get some images of them soon.

The males can be stunning. We live on acerage and have 3 males that stay here year round. One of them is the size of a small turkey. The big one always ends up with the largest harem of hens during mating season. We leave some areas a bit overgrown as it makes great cover for the hens and their young. This pic has inspired me to get some images of them soon.
Tri-Cities area?

It's starting to come back to me Jeff. I ordered some Starcom intercom stuff from you, and I think maybe some nav stuff? You have a heck of a memory. Bike Effects was based out of Napa wasn't it? I remember your customer service was amazing.

It's starting to come back to me Jeff. I ordered some Starcom intercom stuff from you, and I think maybe some nav stuff? You have a heck of a memory. Bike Effects was based out of Napa wasn't it? I remember your customer service was amazing.
That's me! Yea, I think we had some telephone conversations that were more than just business. Small world, eh?. Aren't you a "Shooter" of another type as well? People with bad habits seem to congregate, ya know? :giggle:

That's me! Yea, I think we had some telephone conversations that were more than just business. Small world, eh?. Aren't you a "Shooter" of another type as well? People with bad habits seem to congregate, ya know? :giggle:
Yep, the "shooter" part of dryside shooter didn't actually refer to photography. I've shot competitively for years, and I'm also a type 7 FFL/SOT and deal in firearms, machineguns and silencers. I still have the Starcom, though it isn't installed on anything as I've gone wireless on the bikes.

Back