Planning a Scotland trip!

Trying to decide on lenses to take, aiming for just two:

20220405_075859.jpg
  • SM-G975U
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/40 sec
  • ISO 400

The Tamron 17-70mm f2.8 is coming with me for sure. Friday I want some nice shots at my cousin's wedding, then it will be a versatile lens for the remainder of the trip.
The battle of the wide lenses heats up: Sigma 16mm f1.4 versus Sony 10-18mm f4!
Sigma: wide enough, nice big aperture for interior castle shots or evening time, but no OSS.
Sony: super wide, OSS, and versatile, but dim at f4 and in my experience can sometimes be prone to chromatic aberration.

Honestly, leaning towards the Sigma at the moment.

You'll want a fast lens, so Sigma. Honestly though, they're all small, just take all 3.

You'll want a fast lens, so Sigma. Honestly though, they're all small, just take all 3.
Hah, and that's the reason APSC is attractive (aside from price), I'm sure the equivalent full frame setup would be 50% heavier.

Just take all 3 Chris! :) Have a safe flight tomorrow and a fantastic time in the UK!

Thinking of you now......hoping you are having an amazing trip. Cannot wait to hear all about it!

oh boy, this was a whirlwind of a trip. I will have a proper new thread with pictures, but there were both high points and low points on the trip.

High point: not even cold damp weather could ruin Scotland's charms for me! I loved Skye in particular and can't wait to go back.

Low point...
Almost all my family came down with covid as a result of that pesky new variant. I had to leave my dad and my wife behind in London after Scotland and I am now back in FL quarantining with my mom who also tested positive today. I had the virus in January, and it seems to have given me some measure of immunity [thank god].

Back