Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Polarised sunglasses?

ashic

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Do polarised sunglasses affect photography on bright days out? I know they can cause issues with LCD screens, but apparently they don't have any problems with OLEDs. My main body is the A7riv, which has an OLED viewfinder. I don't really use the screen at all, just the viewfinder. Would be interested to hear your experiences with polarised sunglasses.

On my A7iii I cannot use the screen just the view finder. More often than not though I take off the sunglasses when using the camera. I have shot photos with them on, but if I was doing video it's a real pain.

As you indicate, it's not uncommon, but it would be awesome if manufacturers implemented changes to improve this. It's certainly not just Sony. As someone who has a heightened sensitivity to bright light, polarized lenses make a huge difference for me.

On my A7iii I cannot use the screen just the view finder. More often than not though I take off the sunglasses when using the camera. I have shot photos with them on, but if I was doing video it's a real pain.

As you indicate, it's not uncommon, but it would be awesome if manufacturers implemented changes to improve this. It's certainly not just Sony. As someone who has a heightened sensitivity to bright light, polarized lenses make a huge difference for me.

So if getting a pair of sunglasses, would you recommend polarised ones? If the viewfinder works, that's pretty much enough for me, as I rarely use the screen, specially in bright light (it's barely visible then anyway).

If you're shooting landscapes with a CPL then polarised sunglasses can help to assess scenes.

New in Marketplace

Back