Name
Roger Smith
Country
United States
City/State
San Diego
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
With a heavy heart, preparing to say farewell to Maddy after 15 years together of her 16 years on Earth. I won't go on about how wonderful and unique she is, they all are. I will say that at this time photographs are so important to my wife and I. These frozen moments in time remind me of a rich life and time well spent, but also remind me to treasure the moments to come, in the moment and without distraction. So give your furry friends an extra hug, and remember to capture and treasure the good times.

Attachments

• 44702972531_2e19402f50_o.jpg
    44702972531_2e19402f50_o.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 53
Its never easy, saying goodbye. I had to put down my cat due to cancer a few years back, we still miss him. I wish i had taken more photos of & with him.

This is heartbreaking.

We have had to put several of our beloved pets down. One of the more recent was Tek, a very large red Siberian Husky. Our whole family is present during these events. As he was going to sleep, I asked out loud:

"Why do we keep putting ourselves through these painful separations?"

My son answered:

"Because the only thing worse than this would be the last 10 years without him."

My son was wise beyond his years that day. I hope you can find some comfort in his words.

This is heartbreaking.

We have had to put several of our beloved pets down. One of the more recent was Tek, a very large red Siberian Husky. Our whole family is present during these events. As he was going to sleep, I asked out loud:

"Why do we keep putting ourselves through these painful separations?"

My son answered:

"Because the only thing worse than this would be the last 10 years without him."

My son was wise beyond his years that day. I hope you can find some comfort in his words.
Your son is correct, and absolutely wise

Sorry to hear this Roger but glad to hear that you’ve made 15 years of happy memories together. Losing such a loving companion is always difficult but they are never forgotten, especially when you have lovely photos like this to remind you of your adventures together.

I have been in your position so many times but still but still get another on. They are never the same but have their own special place in your life.

Absolutely heart breaking mate and it really is one of the hardest decisions to ever make.

I've always looked at funerals and farewells as a celebration of the life of the beloved person or animal. There is plenty of time to mourn in the coming weeks and months as you know that feeling of emptiness can only mend with time. The best thing we can do on that day of seeing them off is to remember all the love and joy they brought to the world, and be absolutely grateful for being blessed to be a large part of that. 🙂

With a heavy heart, preparing to say farewell to Maddy after 15 years together of her 16 years on Earth. I won't go on about how wonderful and unique she is, they all are. I will say that at this time photographs are so important to my wife and I. These frozen moments in time remind me of a rich life and time well spent, but also remind me to treasure the moments to come, in the moment and without distraction. So give your furry friends an extra hug, and remember to capture and treasure the good times.
So sorry to hear that …

Heartbreaking. So sorry to hear...... We only borrow them, for too short a time.

I am so sorry, these are some of the hardest decisions of our lives. I agree one needs to celebrate the time we get to spend with our animal family members, remembering the love and fun they brought to our lives.

I feel for you, always a difficult decision, but at least you have photos to remind you of the good times. I still look at photos of some of our dogs that have been gone for 10 years or more now and get a smile when I remember the fun we had together.

Sorry for the impending loss.

I am very, very sorry to learn about Maddy. I have a 15-year-old American Eskimo dog, Puff. He is progressively suffering from arthritis and you can see him slowing down in comparison to what it used to be just a year or so ago. Medicine helps but ageing is there. As painful as it is, I strongly believe that the innocence and emotional purity of these kids bring out the best in us. I feel and am grateful to them for touching us in the way that is immortal.

Even though Maddy may not be there in future, his presence will always be there! Cherish the love that he has given for all the years.

Hugs!!
Puff.jpg

I am very, very sorry to learn about Maddy. I have a 15-year-old American Eskimo dog, Puff. He is progressively suffering from arthritis and you can see him slowing down in comparison to what it used to be just a year or so ago. Medicine helps but ageing is there. As painful as it is, I strongly believe that the innocence and emotional purity of these kids bring out the best in us. I feel and am grateful to them for touching us in the way that is immortal.

Even though Maddy may not be there in future, his presence will always be there! Cherish the love that he has given for all the years.

Hugs!!View attachment 37283
That was a particularly kind reply and I deeply appreciate it. Hoping Puff has good years ahead. Throw some green lip mussel pills into his food, it helped Maddy for years. Maddy passed very peacefully after one last day at the beach. A poignant, painful but also beautiful day.

New in Marketplace

Back